GOTHIC FLORALS

19 May 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Every spring season, the floral trend graces runways and flower power inspired all. However this season, we still saw plenty of petals, but not as many pastels and pretty pinks as predicted. Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Erdem and Fendi all showcased deep, brooding tones with a hint of romance in their S/S lines. 
My floral zip-up cardigan is from Next which I bought a few years ago but is perfect for this trend. It captures the vibrant essence of spring flowers, just in a darker style. I paired with this my dress which was made for me and I love because the hemline is not perfectly straight - it is a little longer on the sides which gives a nice shape to the dress. My tights are basic plain black tights from M&S and both my bag and shoes are from Next. My handbag is one I use as my 'everyday' handbag which I value in my wardrobe as it's black leather and a lot bigger on the inside without getting too heavy. Black leather is one of my favourite fabrics because it can be paired with anything or style to any look. In either a jacket, dress or bag form; I adore black leather. I added these lighter toned shoes to the outfit to brighten up the bottom half and add a touch of sophistication and formality to my outfit of the day. They have an element of the Chelsea boot style with cutouts which makes them perfect for spring. 

3 comments

  1. I love this look! It's feminine and spring-like, but still chic because of the deeper colors. You pull it off super well, too!

    xo, Dolce
    www.mydailysweet.com
    If you're a fashion, lifestyle, or beauty blog, let's keep in touch! Leave me a comment and I'll check you out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this outfit. I like the shoes, they are cute!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne