SMART SKATER

26 May 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

I have always been fond of blending trends, styles and colours - mixing them up to create a whole new look. If I'm ever asked to chose one set style or look for my entire wardrobe I'm always torn in two as I love the 'chic NYC girl' look, but I will still always be fond of a simple, casual style. It's Bank Holiday Monday in the UK which means a three-day weekend for most of us and luckily the sun has decided to say hello. Then again, I live in the North of England so it could be hail-stoning by the end of the day. Although the sun is out, the temperature is still quite low this morning so my bright blue coat is perfect for today - I would say it's one of my outfit obsessions because it becomes the statement piece of each outfit. When I first saw the coat, I was hesitant as it is very bright and stands out but sometimes that's what makes a great ensemble! I always think of this coat to have a more elegant tone to it, and I've paired it will casual pieces such as my skater dress and skater-like shoes. I really like these suede shoes, not only because they're suede, but they're touch and structures which actually makes them easier and comfortable to walk in. They're quite similar to the popular skater-shoe style designed for skateboarders and I absolutely love them, and they are great for the everyday casual style.
Coat - Dorothy Perkins
Dress - Homemade
Shoes - Brantano
Bag - Next

15 comments

  1. This is a really pretty dress, it suits you so well! xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your coat, it's such a lovely colour! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the coat! Such a great standout piece for any outfit. I imagine it'd look amazing with a yellow dress or maybe pink, some kind of colour blocking anyway. I am also totally into the skater shoe trend, they're so comfy! They've become my everyday shoes and I never want to be without them again, haha. Lovely post :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw those shoes do seem pretty comfy! I adore that navy coat on you. Sometimes it's hard to think of a single word to describe your whole wardrobe--but who says you need just one word? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you like to follow each other on GFC, bloglovin, instagram and lookbook?
    follow me and follow you back =)

    http://takealookatmyclosetbysamantha.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice look on you! This looks looks so comfortable! :)

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/
    *I follow back on Bloglovin'*

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I followed you on Bloglovin' :)

      Delete
  7. Love that dress and the shoes you wore with it! Cute blog.

    lavishingg.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great!

    Btw do you like to follow each other via GFC? let me know.
    Lou of, steal-thestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have tried to but for some reason it won't load :/ I'll keep trying and let you know :)

      Delete
  9. amazing outfit! u are so pretty!



    my blog♥

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne