A Typical Yorkshire Summer

13 June 2014 High Eldwick, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

I absolutely adore where I live. Every corner is a scenic landscape and being able to see the sunrise and sunset is a privilege I will never take for granted. However, West Yorkshire is in the North of England, not quite as North as Scotland, but it still gets very cold. We are halfway through June and this northern county has delivered as expected. The current weather is something I like to call a 'false' summer because the sun is there, and it is significantly brighter out, but this makes no difference to the overall temperature whatsoever. It's not humid, or very windy - just a still cold. It's quite strange actually. If I was living in London it's rare there would be days like this as it's either really hot or really cold in London. My bright blue coat is perfect for today because it's bright enough for the summer sun but contain wool to keep me warm because the temperature isn't very high at all. The clouds sit in the sky and hover around as the sun rays just about dodge them so it's really quite an odd climate. 
Coat - Dorothy Perkins
Scarf - thrifted
Jumper - TK Maxx
Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Next
Bag - Spanish market

18 comments

  1. Dear, you look amazing! I'm obsessed with your outfit. Have an amazing weekend. :)



    I AM ALSO ON: Instagram @kennydaily, Bloglovin and Facebook



    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts a Fashion and Design Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this outfit, you look amazing <3 love your boots :)

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.youtube.com/marieljanina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your style babe. So much like what i would go for. You are beautiful.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    stay in touch. xxx

    spendlessusemore.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I wish we had summers like that here in India. It gets so hot that
    even wearing denim jeans becomes impossible. On another note
    thanks for sharing this post.Loved reading it. Would you like
    to follow each other via GFC
    Google+ & Bloglovin?
    Lemme know!

    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit! Topshop jeans are the best, sooo comfy! Xx

    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love those boots! (=
    xx

    We can follow each other, if you'd like. Just let us know. (=
    Quick Links:
    Follow us via GFC here
    Follow us via bloglovin here
    -
    itsksquared.blogspot.com | kim&kyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab shoess!

    everybodyssunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing outfit!! I loved everything!! Nice!! Keep it up!!
    Maria xox
    http://aresmar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It`s the rainy season here in my country as well and I`m stoked to wear all my coats and jackets!! Love your coat dear!! Great style ♥

    ROUGH & TOUGH☯ | I`m on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your boots in this outfit! They go so well with everything. The coat looks gorgeous as well. Hopefully the weather will get a little warmer so you won't need to wear one! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, love your look. <3 would you like to follow each other?

    SIMONA | LIVEINFOXWORLD.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello dear!
    Love this post very much,it's so nice and pretty!
    Very inspirational!
    Hopefully you can visit my blog,would love to hear from you!
    xoxo Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne