Fancy Fry Up

15 June 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

In celebration of the warm weather, I'm heading to a large garden party/barbecue as that's the first thing most English people do when the sun shows. I know it's going to be quite warm later today so I'm wearing one of my favourite stripe dresses. I wore this dress to an engagement party in 2013, and it's really hard to wear a statement dress again, and to a different occasion; but I adore this dress because of it's very simple style and thin fabric to keep me cool. The dress actually came with a belt, but I chose to go without it as I think the pattern is broken by the change in direction without a blue belt. My wedges are some of my favourite heels because they're incredibly easy to walk in which is the first thing I look for, and the inside of them is almost cushioned so it's really like walking on air. This is always a bonus because heels can become can uncomfortable after an hour or so standing, so there are perfect for today because I can walk on grass and have the ability to walk around all day without getting irritated with pain.
My teeny tiny bag is one of my favourites for days out where I don't need many essentials, other than my phone, purse and throat sweets after the amount of shouting I did yesterday during England's frustrating game. I adore this bag because it is leather so it's tough and durable but it's very light, and has a strap long enough to wear as a shoulder bag and an across-the-body bag. I also love that the strap can be detached, so you get a much smaller bag with a cute handle to carry around on a warm day like today. 
Dress - Dorothy Perkins
Shoes - Next
Bag - Topshop

5 comments

  1. Very nice outfit, gorgeous!
    I love stripes a lot!
    And the wedges are super cool! ♥
    XOXO,
    Daria

    http://junededen.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress it's so cute!
    I think it looks great without the belt :)
    Anna xx

    http://stylishimoto.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, found your blog and it's awesome! You rock that dress.:)) x

    I want to keep in touch with you. Let me know on my blog. (ps: wearing stripes too lol)

    Laura Macij
    http://www.lauramacij.com/2014/06/sailor-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you comment and follow.:) Followed you back via GFC.
      Let's keep in touch. Have a nice day:) x

      Laura Macij
      http://www.lauramacij.com/2014/06/eos-beauty-line.html

      Delete
  4. This dress looks so nice on you!!
    x
    The Butterfly Effect

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne