Late Blooms

23 June 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Florals are the one trend that will always dominate the spring season. It is often that we get a burst of 'winter florals' or the trend leaks into the following season. In this case, we did have elements of the flowery look in a few summer catwalks, and I have decided to embrace the seasonably late style. If I ever wear florals, I like the pattern to be quite demands, whether that is through colour or a complex pattern. Because this trend can so frequently go wrong, when in doubt, I always colour co-ordinate - especially if I don't know what else to wear to complete my outfit. Personally, I wear a lot of blues, and sometimes lighter colours because they contrast with my skin tone rather than earthly or very plain tones. 
I love the style of my dress because it very subtly contains elements of a fit-n-flare style but also looks like a simple straight dress due to it's length. The dress actually has two ties that start just below the bust in line with the 'divide' of the dress which develops that feminine silhouette. Florals in general appear very ladylike, and the bigger or bolder the pattern, the more feminine it appears. I paired this dress with a purple cardigan that matches the colours in the flowers, a tiny bag to carry the basic essentials and my favourite gladiator sandals. I don't often wear sandals, but I adore these as they often accompany and compliment a lot of outfits due to their versatile colour. In my opinion, metallics, or anything shiny for that matter can date, so these sandals essential for this summer.
Dress - Next
Cardigan - Primark
Sandals - Dorothy Perkins
Bag - Topshop

6 comments

  1. Brilliant colors and lovely pattern :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your floral dress x

    ratchetlia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing you in these beautiful colors! And the floral pattern is really pretty!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing dress!!!
    I'm following you back now... keep in touch!!!
    Ciao bellissima!!!
    http://expressyourselfbypaolalauretano.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice post. Keep it up!!
    You are having really Lovely Blog. Keep visiting my blog. I will too. Dear
    Dear, I am following your lovely blog. Hope you will follow back. xxx
    My blog new post up, click it & comment
    Click it to win INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne