Working Girl

16 June 2014 Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK

Now that I am technically no longer a sixth form student, and I can't really sit until August to wait for my exam results, I have to work... full time. I'm very lucky to have a few years of working experience already to prepare me for the 'adult' world but I still have to get used to working full days. There is no set dress code where I work, in fact many of the employees wear very casual clothing as they're sewing all day and so have to be comfortable, in contrast to an office where presentation is incredibly important. I also work in the city centre so I love to do a spot of shopping during my lunch and after work, so my outfit is diverse in that aspect. A big wool coat is essential for me today as I'm freezing even though the sun is out. I am one of those people that will always say they are cold, no matter where I am, at one point during the day, I will be cold - so I have this oversized coat to wear when it gets chilly. I'm also wearing this knitted scarf that I discovered in my mother's closet and I love because it appears to be hand-knitted and is so incredibly soft. Wool can sometimes become quite itchy which then become uncomfortable, so my top tip would always be to look for wool coats with lining inside. It doesn't have to be thick lining but if you're allergic to wool like me, it can become irritable on the skin. My coat has lining, but there also elements of wool in the colour so this scarf is a great substitute liner. Two of my style icons, Mary-Kate and Ashley are infamous for their oversized so I'm channelling an aspect of the style duo with this huge leather and suede bag that even expands to a bigger size. On days where I need to carry folders or a lot of items my first resort is always an oversized bag as they're chic and strangely don't ever look overbearing - the ideal accessory.
Coat - Dorothy Perkins
Jumper - homemade
Scarf - old
Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Dorothy Perkins
Bag - Next

2 comments

  1. I am the same as you and I am always cold wherever I am!! Love your grey coat! :)

    http://stylishimoto.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that coat! <3

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne