Check and Charcoal

28 July 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

There was a time when everyone was wearing check or flannel shirts, even celebrities. The most popular seemed to be the red one, and a lot of the time, they were being worn around the waist rather than on your body. I have personally always preferred oversized check shirts, that were so big they could be worn with leggings or even tights, rather than cropped ones. However, I came across this button-up shirt in Topshop's most recent sale and I knew I had to buy it. I really like the cropped top plus high-waisted style, and although this shirt isn't too cropped, it's short enough for me. I love that it's short-sleeved so I can actually wear it during the summer, as most flannel shirts have long sleeves and are cotton so they're too warm to wear in the sun. This shirt is also really thin, so it's perfect for this super sunny spell the whole of England is currently experiencing. My jeans are one of my favourite pairs because, they're charcoal (my favourite shade of denim) and they're unbelievably soft. Next do a really wide range of jeans or jeggings that are ridiculously soft like Topshop MOTO and is so many different colours or styles. I usually always go for a charcoal because they're really easy to pair with other colours and rarely clash, which is super important for me on casual summer days.
Shirt - Topshop
Jeans - Next
Boots - Dorothy Perkins
Bag - TK Maxx

3 comments

  1. Love the plaid shirt. Plaids are actually a fave casual wear in my office, but I don't have one. I guess it's time for me to get one for myself.

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pants and those shoes ! Perfect match ;)

    Come to say hi
    http://the4hundredbeats.blogspot.fr/

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne