Classroom Crazes

16 July 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

At the beginning of this year the athletic trend stole the show with old-school attitude. There were brighter colours, plimsolls and even go-faster stripes all over the catwalk. Before all this became a huge 2014, sportswear was the hit trend in 2009 at school. I would have been in year 9, and if you didn't have one item on clothing from Adidas or the latest sports label - you weren't "in the crowd" as it were. Usually, the brighter the better. I am lucky enough the have finished secondary school and escape the trauma of trying to keep up with in-school trends but I found this jacket in the back of wardrobe and had to write a post on it. Some items of clothing just hold very specific memories and this jacket happens to be one of them. Just about everyone had one of these jackets, it begin with the older kids, and then it spread to the lower school. I remember looking online and actually finding them sold out, and I'm still convinced it's due to most of the kids in Bradford buying them. This was around the time Adidas Originals was re-branded and enforced among the younger generation - every item of theirs had stripes on it, and everyone wanted something. There were a range of shoes too, but my pocket money at the time didn't stretch that far. After Adidas realised how popular these jackets became, as the trend spread rapidly, they eventually released an all new line of Adidas Originals jackets, in different colours and unique patterns. 
The trend literally took over, and it never looked that great either. This was also around the time everyone had a Gola bag and it became a competition to own the quirkiest style. Did your school every have any huge must-have trends?
Top - made for me
Jeans - Topshop
Jacket - Adidas
Shoes - Lacoste 

4 comments

  1. Wow you even made your own top? Very impressive! Nice casual sporty outfit! Lovely post, amazing blog! Thanks for commenting on my blog! Returning the support as always!

    http://thefacelessstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top is gorgeous! x And I don't think that we ever have any huge must-have trends. But I'm always the total opposite of everbody else, so I'm not sure :)

    Love, Sara Wallflower
    http://sarawallflower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this jacket!

    Want to follow each other on GFC?
    Let me know!

    Greets from the EDELFABRIK
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the stripy top and Adidas jacket!

    www.lestage2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne