Monochrome Madness

23 July 2014 Gilstead, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK


Sometimes the hardest part about picking an all black outfit is finding all black pieces that are actually the same shade of black. If you wear all black outfits a lot, like me, then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Today I went with a monochrome outfit, because I love this slightly oversized black and white shirt that I bought in Next's recent sale. I chose it to try to break out of my all black habit, but I also like how the white is incorporated in the shirt, it's not just black with white buttons or collars. I personally think the monochrome look is timeless, effortless and faultless. You can never go wrong with it because it's two colours that always correspond well with each other. My leggings are a little shiny, but I chose them over plain black leggings because they can look green-ish or even brown on camera. These leggings are also a bit stretchier than normal high street leggings so they're much more comfortable. My all black Converse are my favourite pair because I can literally wear them with  anything. I first saw them on Tumblr, and knew I had to buy them immediately because they will never clash with any of my clothes. They can also become a really simple statement piece if I contrast them with a super colourful outfit.  
Shirt - Next
Leggings - made for me
Shoes - Schuh

10 comments

  1. Cute edgy look Anika,I like!
    www.ironyoflhurve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! That shirt looks so beautiful x

    Love, Sara Wallflower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something's different. You've changed your setting. Ha! :) I love black and white outfits and this is just super cute.

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah ha, I'm absolutely terrified of bees and wasps, or any insect that flies, and shooting outside became really difficult!

      Delete
  4. Love this look! This such a nice outfit!
    from http://blogsbelleza.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with your shirt!

    thedilettantenarrative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this outfit and that blouse is so nice. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne