Simple and Summery

22 July 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Summer seem to be finally in full swing after the awful thunderstorm the other night and a few cloudy spells. Although I'm a winter person, one of my favourite looks for summer is simplicity. Not overloading an outfit with too many accessories or too much layering of fabrics. I also prefer to wear lighter colours if I can, and white is one of my favourite colours to wear in the sun because it doesn't absorb sunlight, but reflects the natural light making the colour appear even brighter. My dress is lace at the top, and plain white at the bottom so it's a little different to your average white dress. It's a fit and flare style, which is one of my favourites and is  also long enough to wear with high heels. Because I'm 5'11", a lot of dresses look a lot shorter on me than they should, and look even shorter with high heels so a dress to the knee like this is perfect. I went with a really simple cardigan to add a touch of colour to my outfit, along with my tiny bag and favourite heels. These platform heels are currently my favourite pair because they're simple without being boring. The straps aren't complex, and there isn't a wide range of colour used, but the shape and style is unique. They're also incredibly comfy which is ideal for a summer's day. 
Dress - made for me
Cardigan - Dorothy Perkins
Shoes - Next
Bag - Topshop

8 comments

  1. You look gorgeous, I love white dresses, they're perfect for summer! :)

    I really like the colour of your cardigan too, I'll definitely see if I can pick up one similar.

    Laura x | http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those platform heels! A really gorgeous look

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and summer-y. Love the colours :)
    x
    http://www.snowwhiteinwonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit, love those shoes too!

    Chloe x

    www.chloelolabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very pretty look, I love a simple white dress!

    http://www.sarahprowse.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love summer clothes and that dress looks so cute! x

    Love, Sara Wallflower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit - and I love how your lipstick matches the jacket! x
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. me gusta mucho el look el vestido es ideal.Un besazo

    http://www.thedesire.es/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/10612739

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne