Beach Blues

2 August 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

This time last year, I was already packing all my favourite summer items to head out to Salou, Spain. It was my first ever beach holiday, in fact my first family holiday since I was only 9 years old and I went to Paris. I've been to many other places around the world, such as Switzerland and all over Europe, but never spent a lot of time on a real beach. There are beaches in England such as Scarborough and Blackpool, but going in the sea there is like a fight for your life. Not only must you avoid getting hypothermia, you also have to wear a jacket most of the time because the English sun isn't warm enough to heat the sand so it's not much different to sitting on solid concrete. When I arrived in Spain, the first thing I did was go to the beach by our hotel. Salou is in the south of Spain so it's extremely warm and full of different beaches. It was really a holiday to remember, not a lazy one where I laid in the sun all day, but I went to PortAventura (going on some historic and record breaking rollercoasters) and even toured the markets which was so much fun. In honour of my fun-filled holiday last year, I'm wearing a kaftan even though the sun isn't blazing. I've found them really comfortable to wear this summer, whether it's over clothes of a bikini - they're super simple to slip on and keep cool. To finish the look, I'm wearing these skin-coloured gladiator sandals that I absolutely love because I've had them for quite a while and they're still going strong. 
Kaftan - made for me
Sandals - Next
Sunglasses - Next

25 comments

  1. So cute dress! Have a nice weekend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty dress and those sandals are fab! :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flats! I like your curls!
    followed you on GFC, hope you can follow back ;)

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress! The pattern is lovely, I'm seeing it everywhere xxx

    Blog This With Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress. You seem to never run out of new styles.

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel, I've been craving a trip abroad so badly recently! Alas, Devon it is for me in a fortnight :P I love your sunglasses, must have a good look in Next myself soon x

    http://melly-go-round.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, love the monochrome print xxx

    http://www.maisymeow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress is simply gorgeous!
    Have a lovely day, kisses
    Christine G ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely dress !!
    Bisous

    http://lironsdelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty shades! I followed you on GFC, but do you have a bloglovin account? Maybe we can follow each other ;)

    Lovely style!

    http://99outfits.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! It's linked on my sidebar and at the end of each post :)

      Delete
  13. Such a lovely outfit, I really love the kaftan u were wearing, very summery with such beautiful floral print, those sandals go so well with the dress and sunglasses are definitely a must when going 2 a place sun-filled like Spain :D Hope u'll have a great weekend and it'd be great if u can follow me on gfc, already followed u xx

    lennylinhpham.blogspot.co.uk
    xoxo
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog, I'm nominating you for the Liebster Award x

    http://inspirefashion01.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello lovely, thank you for the wonderful comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! :)

    Great post, thanks for sharing - you look gorgeous!!

    I have a new post up, would love to know your thoughts:

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    Thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The dress is so cute! I like how it's summery but the black and white makes it look edgy too :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute dress! Would you like to follow each other via GFC or Bloglovin? If so let me know on my blog.

    Raven.

    simplesassysultry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your dress! I'm going to Spain in a couple of weeks and I'm so scared it's gonna be too warm!xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post, love this outfit :)

    www.londonmckenzie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Daisy dress! I love it!<3
    Maybe we should follow each other? Let me know ^^
    Muilo Burbulai

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhh, I like the daisy prints; they look so artsy!
    www.ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne