Composed and Casual

11 August 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Although we are really only just into August, some schools are already going back to start the new year. I have completed my 'time' in the education system and luckily don't ever have to worry about 5,000 word essays and class presentations ever again. But I do have to work, which has it's positives and negatives. Today's looks is really casual, as the dress code at work is quite laid back but never sloppy. I also thought this look would be perfect for a school day if you're not in uniform because it's really simple and the bright blue acts as a staple piece for the whole outfit. For me, comfort is essential so I really like to dress in clothes that will keep me warm and cosy all day. I have to travel out and about a lot for work, visiting lots of centres as I work for a charity, so it's important I wear clothes that are durable and I can actually move in; rather than dressing in ridiculously over the top clothes that will just get in the way. I love charcoal jeans, if you've been following my blog for a while you will know I can't get enough of them because they're so versatile. The colour can be dressed up or down and pairs with absolutely everything. My bright jumper (which matches my nail colour this week) is made out of a knitted cotton I chose myself. I chose knitted because it's warm, but it also has a natural stretch which is crucial for a busy working day. I've become really fond of simple but put-together outfits because they're really easy to style, especially for English weather.
Jumper - made for me
Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Nike
Bag - Next

11 comments

  1. Love this look, really simple yet so chic! - L&R xx

    http://www.rosesrooftop.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look on you Anika. The blue really suits you beautifully. Amazing bag.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool retro shoes))

    http://mishutkina.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg I need that bag! lovely as usual xx

    claudiamedas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice look!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this - it looks comfortable and looks good on you!

    xx Sonya
    http://foreverornot.blogspot.com - blog about a Russian girl, living in Oregon, USA, with a passion for photography, traveling and exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that outfit, casual and it's perfect for back 2 school day. The baby blue knitted top's so adorable and it's very nice that u matched it with a pair of charcoal jeans xx The bag's so nice as well xx

    lennylinhpham.blogspot.co.uk
    xoxo
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect for back to school and the jumper is a gorgeous colour on you. Thanks for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog earlier, glad I've found yours now :)

    fashiontalegirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple but effective outfit!
    xx

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that simple look, and you're so beautiful! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your look!
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne