Fabulous Fabrics

21 August 2014 Bingley, West Yorkshire, UK

Growing up around fashion and designing has really helped me when it comes to shopping. Especially when shopping for clothing that's actually going to last, rather than poor fabric that almost disintegrates in water. I have my favourite high street stores, and sometimes you find one off pieces that are just perfection, but I've really learnt that the fabric makes an outfit, not the look. I absolutely adore the fabric used in this top from Next. Not only is it thick, making it an excellent new addition to my autumn wardrobe, it's also really strong and comfortable for me to wear. I like the rolled up sleeves and the laid back style to the top, but I was first drawn to the unique knitted fabric that causes this top to stand out. I love that it has white highlights, I think it really brightens to top rather than using black which would make the overall colour and tone appear much darker. The 3/4 length shirt is really easy to style because it brings out one of my favourite colours for autumn and is somehow simple and complex at the same time. For a super casual look, I can pair it with darker jeans and turn the top into the staple piece, or even use it for an outfit full of layers and place it at the bottom as the base piece. The static-like fabric drew me immediately and it's an awesome new item to add to my ever-growing collection!
Top - Next
Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Brantano
Bag - gift

8 comments

  1. The Next sweater is super neat. I like the subtle pattern within the fabric. Your hair looks fab too. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove your blog. Love this look
    Just followed u :)

    Chek out mine. Maybe you will like mine too xx

    Lots of Love, Dilan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning jumper, you look lovely x

    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the outfit, very casual and versatile 2 go anywhere during the day. The top's got such a rich fabric, very suitable for end of summer/beginning of winter, with such a lovely coral colour <3 Hope u'll have a great Friday and a lovely weekend coming up <3

    lennylinhpham.blogspot.co.uk
    xoxo
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous of your shoes! And I love that winter is my coming, mainly for lightweight jumpers like the one you're wearing!


    99 OUTFITS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super duper perfect casual outfit! :)
    Love your style

    marliafransiska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit! You're totally right, quality fabric makes such a difference. This jumper looks so soft and cosy!
    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    Helen xx
    uhhelsyeah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely top! It reminds me of one I have in grey, it's a really cosy piece for cooler weather!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne