Mini Midriff

18 August 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

When I wear cropped tops, I often buy them long enough to cover my tummy, or wear high waisted jeans that go past my belly button. However, today I'm feeling daring, and exposing a tiny bit of my 'midriff'. Usually this is something I would not be uncomfortable with, and I think pulling off this look is all down to confidence and how you feel applying this trend. I think it's an absolutely perfect look for anyone that isn't keep on wearing shorter dresses or short-sleeved tops because your lower chest and tummy can be show off in a really subtle way without going outside your comfort zone. I have quite a pear body shape, so I've really grown to love cropped tops and high waisted clothing because they disguise the bits I don't like and highlight or show off the bits I do like. I've also found, in effect, it can make you look a little bit slimmer, when you show off your favorite body parts. This denim shirt I chose to wear over the top is a new favorite of mine because it's really light denim, and not as thick as a jacket so it's not overbearing. I've found that the thinner denim shirts are perfect for autumn because they're so easy to use in a layered outfit, and the basic shades can be paired with plenty of different colours as well as patterns to create a unique look. 
Denim shirt - Next
Top - made for me
Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Brantano
Bag - Next

8 comments

  1. Really like how you've managed to make a crop top look classy! I always struggle with them myself as I hate exposing my belly button, so generally resort to wearing high waisted skirts and exposing only a tiny bit of skin. You've styled it perfectly... love the denim shirt too! Classic.
    Grace x
    http://bonjourgrace.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool and edgy outfit! Im inlove and your bag is so pretty!

    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great - that crop top is awesome!

    -Mathilde
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN | LOOKBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit, a much nicer way of wearing a crop top :) really like your bag too!

    graham.allchurch@i-com.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like everyday you have a new item on your outfit. You look great.

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you, fashion is working with your best assets and showing them off. This is a very nice laid back look, I love the cool and cozy factor this denim shirt brings to the look!

    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lvoe this outfit, u look definitely stunning and very stylish, it's always awesome 2 be a bit more daring and 2 show ur body with such great pride and love for it <3 Hope u'll have a great week ahead xx

    lennylinhpham.blogspot.co.uk
    xoxo
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne