Snake Satchel

28 August 2014 Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

I have never ever carried a satchel... until today. When I was in school, everyone had one and they were such a huge trend it actually put me off them. I saw so many people with them in so many different colours and prints I just never desired one. But this was during my 'going against the status quo' phase so anything anyone else had, I wanted the opposite. Recently which shopping in the handbag gold mine that is TK Maxx, I found this faux snakeskin satchel for only £15.00 and just had to buy one. My opinion on these bags has totally changed and I see what the 'hype' was about. Firstly, I love the structure of the bags and that they're really well structured. Often with drawstring or hobo bags, there isn't much structure and I always end up losing something somehow. I really like to be organised, and everything to be in the correct place so I adore this bag for it's thick and sturdy structure to stop me losing all my essentials. The bag has a little window for a name tag which I thought was really cool, but I've also found that the dark colour is really easy to pair with many different outfits despite the pattern. Because the bag is black, the snakeskin pattern appears quite subtly and even shimmers in natural lighting. I wore this bag with a favourite new skirt of mine which follows a flare style and I think it's perfect for autumn. It's quite similar to the skirt I wore on Monday which I also paired with boots. My jacket is a new autumn favourite of mine because it's so warm and cosy; plus, it's a lighter grey so it easily matches a lot of items in my wardrobe. 
Jacket - Next
Vest - Topshop
Skirt - Next
Boots - Brantano 
Bag - TK Maxx

32 comments

  1. Look very nice, love your bag.
    http://piubuonepiubelle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that skirt! A satchel is such a classic. Glad you found one you like.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jacket and the skirt.

    http://thinkworkandgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome look! I am so in-love with your skirt. Hope you have an amazing Friday!


    xoxo;
    WHATKENNYHEARTS.COM
    INSTAGRAM @kennydaily / BLOGLOVIN / FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this outfit and the jacket is so nice. Great pictures and keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  6. The print on the skirt is beautiful!! love that type of skirts!! Thanks for passing by my blog :D

    Kisses
    Val
    www.beautyval13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely skirt!
    x Sandra

    www.morestylethanfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love ur outfit :) You look totally fantastic in this skirt ! Do you wanna follow each other? :) Please let me know on my blog, kisses ;*

    www.ourloveourpassion.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/lovelissey

    ReplyDelete
  9. <3333 amazing outfit
    you look gorgeous !
    http://www.karolinagespucci.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bag is really cool! I really love the print of your skirt too with that jacket!

    onacruz blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. really like your outfit! look super cozy dear x

    ROUGH & TOUGH☯ // I`m on Bloglovin! // IG: @jiaachacruz

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look wonderful, that bag is such a little beaut x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving this printed skirt. you looks amazing

    mon | http://www.monsemble.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. the faux bag looks authentic and goes well with the outfit!! :)

    http://alexandranicolexo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you liked the satchel, goes perfect with your outfit. And I love your skirt, by the way.

    http://lonelywarriorstylediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hola guapa!!! Me encanta tu blog ...estas muy guapa con este look!!!
    Te sigo, ok?
    Tengo un post muy especial en http://bajoelsombrerodesusan.blogspot.com.es/ un bsazo

    ReplyDelete
  17. fabulous outfit<3

    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous satchel and outfit! I have such an addiction to satchels so I'm experiencing some major jealousy right now that you got it for only £15 :P

    Elesaurus | elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com
    YouTube - Eleanor Rose

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for commenting on my blog, such a cute skirt!

    Rhea
    thegridldn.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the satchel and you got it for such a great deal!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  21. That skirt is absolutely gorgeous!!!
    Love your blog:)
    -Lauren xoxo
    pretty-things-a-n-d-polka-dots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I adore your skirt! Too cute. <3
    Drop by my site? We can follow each other via gfc and bloglovin, let me know! :)

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. That satchel is so gorgeous! Goes really well with this outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute outfit and I absolutely adore your bag. xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice look girl. Adore the skirt.happy weekend
    X
    |e d i o t|

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a wonderful and so simple look that it is a real pleasure <3

    And thank you for your pleasant comment on my blog. Now I checked your blog with the result: I like it!

    I would like to follow you on gfc and/or bloglovin. It would be great if you come back to my blog to follow me – then I will follow you immediately back.

    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the skirt and jacket! Never would have guessed they were from Next. X
    http://noise-and-confusionn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really love your skirt! Great for the summer and transitioning into fall like we are here currently in Vancouver :)

    xx
    M

    www.paradiseplayground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super stylish xx


    Mind to visit my newest post?
    http://missdjoen.blogspot.com/2014/08/review-simply-stay-by-mustika-ratu.html
    Thankyouuu :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really love your shorts! The print looks amazing and brings a nice fun finish to an elegant and polished look.

    Tiffany
    Tragic Couturist

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne