Statement Static

5 August 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Whenever I feel like my outfit is a little 'boring' I always try to add one unique piece as a statement piece to spice it up. I chose this fabric from a local material warehouse very close to wear I live. It immediately caught my eye because of the unique pattern as well as texture and feel of the fabric. I'm lucky to live in an area of the UK famous for it's textiles and a mother who's a fashion designer so I can customise my own wardrobe. This fabric is cotton jersey which is perfect for me because it's cosy and soft fabric and it's stretchy too. I knew immediately that this fabric shrinks sometimes when washed so I actually had it made a little bigger so I could wear it a few times without it getting too small. I often wear this top as a statement piece because the 'static' looking effect on it stands out against the darker colours in the rest of the outfit. It's also only black and white, so this top could be a cheat way to making an outfit seem a lot more exciting without including a wide range of colour. I paired this stretchy shirt with my favourite skinny jeans, hi-top suede shoes and an oversized bag with stud detail.
Top - made for me
Jeans - Next
Shoes - Brantano
Bag - TK Maxx

12 comments

  1. very nice outfit!!
    http://fay-justbeauty.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the outfit! very stylish <3

    http://www.ohmystyle.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a gorgeous look! i love the grey top

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win some Raybans of your choice + a beauty goodie bag worth nearly £300 on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Them shoes are lovely and your jumper looks so cosy!

    jessicafay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also like the fabric of your sweater. I think you did a pretty great job spicing up your look.

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful outfit *-* Your blog is nice and interesting. I`m glad if you visit me too!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post dear!Really like it:)
    Keep in touch
    Antonella xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love a good grey top! Gorgeous xxx
    sophiespaldin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this outfit! It is casual but nor boring :)
    My favourite piece is your grey top!
    Love the color and the pattern of it :)
    Have a nice day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the casual look of this outfit :D I like jazzing up a casual outfit with a different style or material or pattern, gives it a little something just like you have done here :D

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne