Stylish Scholar

20 August 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

I know there are absolutely loads of YouTubers doing 'Back to School' series. Whether it's beauty gurus or lifestyle vloggers, just about everyone is talking about the upcoming term. In the UK, school doesn't usually start again until September but I know there are some schools that are timetabled a little differently. Today's look wasn't put together with school in mind, as I'm lucky enough to have survived the education system, but I do think it's a great back to school look. It's very scholar-esque which I think is all down to the jumper and dark tones used. My top is a 2-in-1 type of shirt where the two pieces are actually attached together and can't be detached which I quite like. The simple blue colours are perfect for a casual school style or even for work if the dress code isn't too strict. I like that the shirt underneath doesn't have a 'typical' collar which is a tiny element of detail that spices up the look a little. I'm obsessed with charcoal jeans, so I included this rustic-looking rucksack to match the colour. When I was in school, I carried a backpack a few times because sometimes they're much easier to just throw stuff into rather than faffing about with a really fancy bag between classes. Chelsea boots have become a favourite of mine, and as the temperature starts to drop, I've been wearing these boots a lot more because they're so easy to combine with the rest of the items in my wardrobe. The colour helps, but these boots can either be styled up or style down which is a great bonus for customising outfits for school.
Top - Next
Jeans - Topshop
Boots - Dorothy Perkins
Bag - TK Maxx

10 comments

  1. Looking fab in that cool outfit.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that outfit! The blouse is gorgeous.
    My uni wardrobe varies from insanely preppy to pretty much faux goth. I really should start using backpacks but it's so tricky to find one that goes with everything (and fits my laptop!)

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love your boots!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photographs <3
    .
    .
    What you will say on obs too obs?
    I am waiting for the ans. at me;
    You can click on the banner of the shop shinseide at me?
    ♥ ♥ ♥ http://sawanowska.blogspot.com/ ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shoes

    www.lipstickontshirts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah you look adorable, so smart! Those boots are fab and I have major hair envy right now x

    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely look, I love that the top is 2-in-1! Love the shade of your jeans too :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the grey and blue tones in your outfit. Cool backpack, I'm chelsea boot obsessed too! x
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look! You look fabulous.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog! :)
    I am now following you on Bloglovin' xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne