Subtle Sheer

7 August 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Sheer fabrics and pieces are a huge summer trend that I think may also carry on through autumn. There's a lot of sheer looks on the runway at the moment, and I've seen plenty of pieces in high street stores and on television. I think there's so much you can do with this fabric because it's versatile and comes in so many different colours and patterns. I think it's excellent for layering, and I quite like it with a lace pattern too. I bought this bomber in a huge sale Next had recently and I absolutely love it. I only own two bomber jackets and they aren't really thick and puffy but this one may be my favourite. It is black, which is a colour I have been trying to avoid but I can't help it. I love that this jacket has sheer sleeves because they're really subtle. The dark colour helps, but I think it's a great way to incorporate the sheer trend into an outfit piece and it stands out against most bomber jackets I've seen. This jacket also has an element of elegance, so it could be worn to a more formal even rather than just for everyday style. The dark colour is beneficial to making it so versatile because black goes with just about every colour in a wardrobe. 
Top - made for me
Jacket - Next
Jeans - Miss Selfridge
Shoes - Fred Perry
Bag - bought in a market in Salou, Spain

10 comments

  1. so effortless :)

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed- very effortless and classic look!

    besos,

    M

    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look. I want that bag
    http://divadiari.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shoes and your smoky-eye looK!
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for the Liebster Award 2014! Infos are on my blog xx

    www.mariascupoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so comfy! Definitely a great Uni outfit xxx

    Blog This With Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sheer effect on your jacket is really such a cool detail! Thanks for your lovely comment, now following you.

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog love! Love the sheer jacket xx

    reallyliteral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne