Gleefully Gloomy

13 September 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

I realise today's title is a bit of an oxymoron but I'm sticking with it. I was hoping for more sun today but it looks like autumn is finally setting in. This isn't a bad thing, because I love jumpers and unlimited hot chocolate and rainstorms (when I'm inside) as well as warm fires and non-stop Netflix. Right now, Yorkshire is stuck in the middle of summer and autumn - it's reasonably warm, but the clouds just blanket the sky and have a gloomy effect on everything. Nevertheless, my outfit contains more colours for the darker palette, but remains just as bold as necessary. I've been obsessed with this aztec print dress for Topshop since I bought it a few years ago. Unfortunately, I'm still growing so it is getting shorter (not ideal for windy days), but I can't help but love it. I first bought the dress as a last minute resort for a casual meal out with friends, and never realised it would slowly become one of my closet favourites. The pattern is maroon and black, but I think it still stands out despite the somber colour tones. I wanted today's outfit to match and each piece to compliment the other so I paired my dress with one of my favourite coats from Next. I adore this coat so much I almost cried when I thought it was stolen. The really thick and warm lining makes it ideal for the season, and I've found that the colour paired well with a lot of other items in my wardrobe. My charcoal boots match well with my dark leather shoulder bag to finish the look.
Dress - Topshop
Coat - Next
Shoes - Brantano
Bag - gift

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne