Monochrome Magic

5 September 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

I think an monochrome pattern is something that's easily forgotten and definitely taken for granted. Sometimes I don't realise how valuable a simple black and white piece of clothing can be, it's like a short cut to effortless and chic style. Anything monochrome immediately reminds me of Audrey Hepburn and old school Givenchy. I spotted this dress during a last minute shop in Marks and Spencer, which I only usually go into for their amazing food. However, while shopping through their clothing section and taking a few minutes to drool over the 10ft post of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, I realised that M&S isn't as fuddy-duddy as I assumed. The clothes in there were so stylish! And high quality is always what I look for, which M&S never fails to deliver. I found a few items I liked but with the tight budget I currently sit on, I unfortunately couldn't buy it all. I did find this dress that was in the sale, and loved it. I like that the dress has such a simple design, and follows the skater style that's one of my favourites. I think the check pattern on the dress stands out more than some of the brightest items in my closet, making a magical monochrome moment. I tied this dress with my teeny tiny purse and my very favourite heels to finish the look.
Dress - M&S
Shoes - Next
Bag - Topshop

22 comments

  1. Love love love this outfit! Completely agree about M&S not just being for older people they do have some real gems and the quality is really good :)

    fashiontalegirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You re so beautiful :) Love your outfit, the dress i gorgeous.

    style-mepretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR BLOG! New follower xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post,dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely! Great post xxxx

    BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that it's a two-in-one dress :) I think monochrome is so underrated!

    My Fashion Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This might have to be my favourite outfit of yours- gorgeous! :)
    M&S have really upped their game recently!

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Surprised to see this dress is M&S! It looks fab!Xx

    http://www.lucy-cole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing, i love the dress!
    I have been obsessed with monochrome recently and have actually done a post on it as well, if you would like to follow each other please let me know on my blog, thankyou x

    http://bxbeccaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loooove black and white outfits, you're totally on point with this gurl!


    Having an autographed 1D Make-Up Giveaway on my blog!
    99 OUTFITS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cute bag you're carrying & thanks for stopping by!

    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely outfit!

    I am following you on gfc, would you like to follow me back so we can stay in touch?

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your outfit
    You've been nominated for the liebster award
    http://divadiari.blogspot.com/2014/09/sunflower-blogger-award.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so cute,
    I love the dress!!

    http://carinazz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look great! I've also become a believer in monochrome. A 10ft post of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley? lmaooo wish i saw that :)

    styleriottt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne