Overworn Overwear

25 September 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

One of my biggest fashion habits is wearing one item of clothing too many times. Today's coat is a perfect example. I wore it only a few days ago, but luckily I'm not a celebrity so that doesn't matter. What initially drew me to this piece was the bright colour, but I quickly learned that this coat is incredibly versatile. At first, I thought I could only pair this coat with clothing that features a similar colour, like today's top - but I've found that my jacket can be worn with many different colours and clothing. If I want to really stand out, and I pair the coat with another bright colour, including orange which is the contrasting colour to blue and really brighten up a look. However, I can also wear this coat as a statement piece, as the colour is very bright so wearing much darker colours underneath will illuminate the whole look. I love that the coat is very light, but also contains wool so it's perfect for this time of year. As the temperature begins to drop and the clock will eventually go backwards, I'm going to begin to appreciate this jacket even more. Today is quite a casual day so I've chosen to dress down my whole look rather than go along with the elegance and sharpness of my coat. Today's shoes are very similar to skater shoes that are available from stores such as Vans and Schuh, they're super casual and give off an easygoing vibe. 
Top - Next
Coat - Dorothy Perkins
Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Brantano
Bag - market in Salou

10 comments

  1. Love this combo, especially how you matched your top with your coat! Looks great :)

    http://le-young.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coat! ..I love 'royal blue' colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty.... Love the look. Def future outfit inspiration

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that coat comes in such a lovely color blue! Plus, it looks great on you :)

    Melane | Pure Perspective

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the blouse and jacket!

    ~ Mikéla Davelyn ~
    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This coat is a dream! I can see why you would want to wear it day after day after day--I'd be doing the same thing! I love the idea of pairing it with another bright color for an extra pop! That coat is going to look especially amazing in the long, grey days of winter. You have incredible style!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave such sweet words--it completely brightened my day!
    The What's In Between

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pretty much happens to me with all my coats! When it's fall/winter I wear my jackets with everything ;)

    Every Day In Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit. Love the bag .

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne