Warm Winter

10 September 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

I've finally fallen for charity shops. The other day, I tweeted "Charity shops are just vintage gold mines" and this couldn't be more true. I never used to really shop in any sort of charity shop, not for any particular reason I just never went in. I live in quite an industrial village in Yorkshire, so there's literally charity shops everywhere especially towards the centre of the town. I recently went into a shop that supports Sue Ryder - a charity which supports people with complex needs and life-threatening illnesses across the UK and internationally. As soon as I walked into the door, it was like a vintage overload. There were amazing colours and pattens everywhere I looked and I couldn't contain my excitement. After browsing around for a while, and even buying a few bags and dresses, I came across this huge coat that was only £10 in the store. I did my research and the brand is INSERT BRAND HERE. It actually turns out, this coat would retail for almost £200. This coat is a little big for me, but I never have to layer underneath because it's so thick and warm inside. The lining is maybe the softest fur I've ever come across, as well as the coat exterior being leather so it's waterproof. I can't wait for the snow to blanket the whole of Yorkshire, so I can walk the dales in this coat without completely freezing solid. 
Coat - charity shop
Vest top - Topshop
Jeans - Next
Shoes - Schuh
Bag - market stall

5 comments

  1. Love your style! That jacket is amaaazing
    -Catherine. x
    Catzoel | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice outfit, I want Your jacket^^
    xoxo
    follow back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah i've been looking out for a leather/sheepskin style coat for winter, can't believe this was from a charity shop - love those bargains!

    anna from styleskittle.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely look! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne