Watercolour Wanderlust

16 September 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

I've been obsessed with Tumblr ever since I first made my account back in 2011. It's just the perfect way to get inspiration in every aspect. I look there for motivation to work out, to actually get up and work or even just to work harder in everyday life. It's also the perfect place for style inspiration from the thousands of street style blogs, and gives me the strongest desire to travel as I follow quite a lot of travel and photography blogs - which is why my Tumblr blog's name is "Wanderlust". I actually have an entire board on Pinterest named "One Way Ticket" which is just full of photographs of places I would love to go - Pinterest is definitely my go to app when I'm ridiculously board and like to drool over stylish bedrooms of expensive outfits. One of the first things I want to do on my bucket list is travel to just about every corner of the Earth. From Scotland to Mexico to Thailand - I seriously want to see it all. My outfit today reminded me a little bit of a travel inspired look, which I think is down to the really nice watercolour effect on my dress. The fabric is silk, so it's already really soft, but doesn't have much of a natural stretch to it. However, the elasticated waist highlights a feminine figure and gives the dress more shape. The colours leak or 'bleed' into each other, and are all quite peaceful and relaxing colours which I think give the outfit more of a chill tone. My charcoal, rustic rucksack is from TK Maxx and was the only one left as TK Maxx is a one-of-a-kind type of store. The bag is made of denim which is tough and durable but really comfortable to wear on my shoulders, as I find with a lot of bags, they tend to rub on my shoulders - especially when I'm carrying a lot of items making it heavier. My matching boots are a favourite of mine as I've had them for a while and they're still remained in amazing condition. A lot of people are under the illusion that you must spend hundreds of pounds to find items that will last a long time, but this isn't always necessarily true. My boots are from Brantano which is considered quite a 'cheap' shop, and I don't splurge on them; yet they've remained in amazing condition and haven't fallen apart! 
Dress - TK Maxx
Cardigan - Next
Bag - TK Maxx
Boots - Brantano

10 comments

  1. "One way ticket" I like that name. I do like this dress and the way you styled , very pretty.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is lovely :) You look very pretty.

    http://gingerbread-tea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit

    you have a lovely blog here and i love your design

    if you have a secound would be great to see you over on my blog

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    have a loveey day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely outfit! The colours suit you so well :) x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dress :)

    http://corleonka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. u look amazing babe!

    xx

    isa

    www.un-likely.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne