Fancy Flannels

9 October 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

This season, I've really grown to like check or 'flannel' shirts. On Tuesday I wore a monochrome shirt that has become one of my very favourites this season. I've also found that the red, navy and white shirts are really easy to style. Today's shirt actually includes some wool, which means I don't have to heavily layer over the top because it's already very insulating to wear in the brisk breeze. However, if this shirt wasn't so warm, the first jacket that comes to mind is a leather one. Check shirts are an incredibly sophisticated item and I think there would be a style clash if I were to pair this with an long, collared wool coat or duffle. As I want most of the attention to be on my top half, I paired my check button-up with dark jeans and accessories. My berry beanie is also a new autumn favourite, and charcoal jeans have been at the top of my life since the beginning of time. Carrying a simple slouch leather shoulder bag adds some texture to the overall look but also brings out the white highlights in my shoes and shirt. These super soft Nike sneakers are great throughout the year because of their versatile colour and texture. Leather can't be assigned to one season, which is what drew me to the trainers. The colour pairs well with the navy in my shirt and ties the whole look together. 
Shirt - Next // jeans - Miss Selfridge // shoes - Nike // bag - market in Salou // hat - Matalan

14 comments

  1. I love the look .... the shirt is gorgeous and the perfect hat
    Bajoelsombrerodesusan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beanie and the shoes. I love flannels in the fall.

    Check Me Out!!!

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good checkered shirt, and I'm loving this look. xxx

    Kartonia: www.stillinmynightie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl let me just tell you that your hair looks amazing!

    xoxo theliferblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shirt, flannel ones like this are so comfy for autumn! That bag is gorgeous too!

    Alexandra ♡
    efflorescentdream.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. who doesn't love flannels?! Comfy & cute, you get the best of both worlds with them!

    wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect outfit, I love the shirt :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your HAIR :))

    www.juodaplunksna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that it's flannel weather again they're my favourite! Looking great & love how you've styled the top :)

    Gabby xo

    Blog - What She Buys / Instagram / Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your bag! Thanks for your comment :)
    http://veryflitting.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good flannel shirt. I only have 2/3, but need more in my life!

    Love how you've styled the shirt :)

    www.megsiobhan.co.vu

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne