Heavy As a Feather

23 October 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

No weight, no worry. Today's look is super casual for me as I'm having a shopping-only day after a work-filled one yesterday. And as I'll be travelling quite a lot, I want to stay warm; I really need the perfect coat to wear that isn't too much of a burden. There are some coats that are just a bit of a faff to wear and too much to deal with. The last thing I want is to be reaching up to grab a book from the top shelf in Waterstones and my coat lifts up, bringing my top with it - that' a no-no. I also don't want a jacket that's too long, if I do ever take it off, there's that small chance that it could trail on the floor if I don't carry it properly which is the exact opposite of what I want while shopping in Bradford city centre. A lot of jackets and coats I wear are also really heavy which is fine for a short day out, but I'll be window shopping all day so I don't want to be uncomfortable. A bad coat can dampen the whole day. Today's coat is very different. I still cannot believe how light it is for a well-insulated cover-up. It's incredibly thick, but not overbearing to wear; I also like the contrast in the faux fur collar colour and the colour of the outside of the jacket. With this almost black/white effect, I can wear it with simple colours and still stop my overall look from being too dull. But to add a splash of colour to my look, I'm wear my favourite knitted top from Next to keep me extra cosy. The amazing soft collar on my coat means there's no need for me to wear a scarf, so it's extremely practical for a shopping day.  
Top - Next // Coat - Matalan // Jeans - Topshop // Shoes - Next // Bag - market in Salou

8 comments

  1. This outfit is so lovely :)

    Carolyn
    x

    http://carolynssimplelife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool coat <3

    http://aparkaforyourthoughts.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. its so basic but still so cute at the same time!!


    check me out

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This coat looks great, love the feather-like details!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this jacket!
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The coat is lovely :) and from Matalan as well, even better..I love a bargain.

    I have nominated you for the sisterhood of the world bloggers award, please check out my blog for details.

    Kirsty X

    http://kirstytalkslife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant!
    beach bunny wavelengths bikini

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne