Sunny Sapphire

28 October 2014 Baildon, West Yorkshire, UK

Bright blue has always been a go-to colour for me, most of you will have seen my almost luminous blue coat as I wear it quite often. I have always favoured this colour because I think it compliments my skin tone rather than clashes or washes it out. Colours like red and orange aren't great for me unless they're quite dark. Usually, the brighter the blue, the better and today my top half is shining sapphire. My jumper, which I have had for a while now is cotton, jersey and wool - ideal for this time of year. The fabric is really soft as it's quite a tight knit so I can brave the cold without a heavier coat. My jumper is a little shorter than the average length which I like as I can pair this top with either trousers or a skirt. My matching hat, which is from Next was my first ever beanie hat. I've always favourite this style of hat simply because they don't make my head look any bigger, unlike most hats do. The two bright colours on the top half contrast really well with my dark hair and skin, I feel a little bit like a human highlighter. As I wanted all the focus of my outfit to be on the top, I chose my favourite charcoal jeans, a matching denim rucksack and some faux leather hi-tops.
Do you have a go-to comfort colour?
Jumper - M&S // Jeans - Topshop // Shoes - Fred Perry // Bag - TK Maxx // Hat - Next

25 comments

  1. Love the jumper it's such a beautiful blue

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hat! It's such a pretty colour & looks lovely on you!
    Rachel x Sparkles and Starlight

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning in purple!!

    
Xo, Wendy Watson from College Cheese

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful colour. Really pretty look.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color is so gorgeous, it looks amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blue colour is gorgeous! I love blue too, I'm always drawn towards blue when shopping :)

    Hayley-Eszti // www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit! The blue looks gorgeous! x

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the blues

    check

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Royal blue looks amazing on you! You're right to say it flatters your skin tone perfectly :)

    http://kirstytalkslife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this jumper and bag, they're both gorgeous! Royal blue really suits you :)

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too gorgeousss! Perfection x

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful color. So pure & richly saturated. Love it. You look adorable.

    www.stylegonerogue.com
    Instagram: koshercoco

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annika you look divine, this color suits you so beautifully.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous outfit! Love the pop of colour this royal blue brings to the whole look! That rucksack bag is lovely x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  15. This colour looks great on you Anika! I love the bag too, so chic x

    Always, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  16. nah don't have one
    you look fabulous

    http://itsjustshalay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look wonderful in the shade of purple, its a hard one to pull off but you do in perfectly!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't own anything of that color of blue and it looks sooo gorgeous on you! <3 I don't think I have a comfort color lol. I haven't think of it ^_^ maybe black ?¿ you look amazing xx
    http://itshalo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This blue is amazing!!
    Beautiful pictures and great design! Love it!
    I would really appreciate if we would follow each other on GFC and BL! If so please let me know in a comment on my blog^^
    I started following you, waiting for you to follow back ;)
    xoxo Colli
    my Blog - TOBEYOUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving this bright blue combination! Beautiful
    Susannah xxx
    http://www.susannahzabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're so beautiful! I love your blog.

    http://ilovemyadean.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne