As Simple as It Seems

18 November 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

My outfit of the day is very simple, but it's still one of my favourites. This look has become a go-to outfit as it's casual and laid back, but still looks as if I did put some effort in. My jumper, which is a one-of-a-kind find from TK Maxx has wool in to keep me warm, but is luckily thin enough to use in a layering outfit. So if the temperature does drop, I know I can throw on an oversized coat or even a jacket without feeling too restricted. Similarly, my jeans are from Topshop, who sells some of the softest jeans I have ever tried. They're still made of a good quality of denim, but stretchy and pair well with plenty of items while being durable. Durable denim is essential for me as it's not often I can find jeans that are long enough for me - when I find the right pair, I need them to last a while and not wear away. Both my boots or 'booties' and bag are from Next. The leather and suede of both items is faux but still very authentic looking. Out of the whole ensemble, I feel like these two items add the touch of elegance to the look which makes it appear more mature. The oversized bag is a great accessory this season and although my nude boots will only pair with a selected handful of colours, they tie an outfit together. 
Jumper - TK Maxx // Jeans - Topshop // Boots - Next // Bag - Next // Watch - Next

16 comments

  1. Casual yet chic outfit!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete




  2. Hello Anika, I really like your blog and It would be fantastic if you join our group of blogger from all over the world. I have created a list of blogs writing in English and I would like to added your blog to the list but I am not sure what country you live (England, Scotland?)
    World of Women’s Blogs is a list of blogs written in English and raising feminine topics (fashion, beauty, health, fitness, cooking, traveling, books etc.). The purpose of this blog is to bind all the bloggers all over the world; to share their cultures, tradition and trends. Learn and inspire each other, especially in the beginning of the blogging journey.

    Please visit our blog and join us. http://worldwomensblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    Xxx KateWo, I’m following you ..
    personal blog www.katewo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anika, you already know how much i like your style! Perfect!

    http://kapege23.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit ^^


    aparkaforyourthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving this casual-chic look! You're definitely right, I love a look that is casual but still looks put-together. I'm struggling with that at the moment, haha! Xx

    Shaqinah // Shoes & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  6. the sweater looks so comfy and the shoes look awesome

    check me out
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com
    bloglovin.com/theluxedition

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect outfit for uni! You look lovely! That jumper looks soo comfortable! x Laura

    styleandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great look! ♥
    I'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a slouchy grey jumper and dark blue jeans - it's my go-to outfit when I want to be comfortable but still be fashionable!
    Cx
    charliedistracted.com / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute understated look :) I love the bag and jumper - the colour looks great on you! x

    Always, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the grey of your jumper with the grey of the wall. I find it hard to find a decent pair of denim, so when I do, I hold on for dear life. :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous outfit! <3

    www.floralsandcoralsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a sucker for big bags! Love your one, Next seem to be on a roll with their accessories me thinks!
    The Pixie Cut | Cosmo Blog award winner

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne