Cotton Crush

15 November 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

I can't lie, I'm a sucker for discount prices. Seeing sale signs make me smile almost as much as free food. I didn't grow up in an extremely privileged family, so I've learnt many tips and tricks over my 18 years. With a mother as a fashion designer, I've also learnt to appreciate good material when I find it. My dress is made of cotton lawn, which is an incredibly find cloth that feels very silky on the skin. Although this dress is ideal for the summer as it keep you cool, I also love to wear it during this time of year to brighten up my closet. The fabric is untextured, and reasonably thin, so the aztec-like pattern adds a little excitement to the overall look rather than just a blend of colour. The winter season is setting in, so it's only natural that I begin to gravitate towards boots, and grey boots at that. These faux leather boots are amazing as they're loose-fitting toward the top, meaning I can wear thick socks inside without them being seen. For my outfit of the day, I purposely chose all-grey items, including my cardigan as I wanted the dress to remain the centre of my outfit as it's bursting with colour.
Dress - TK Maxx // Cardigan - made for me // Boots - Brantano // Bag - TK Maxx

10 comments

  1. Love ur dress!

    New post up on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit! Love the bag too <3

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though winter's settling in, u've still managed 2 bring a pop of colour in2 the outfit and I really love it <3 The dress's simply gorgeous and I like the way u matched it with a really chic cardigan and matching boots xxx Hope u'll have a lovely weekend, darling xx

    Check out my latest post on Fashion And The Geek
    xoxo
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fun, colourful print! Very pretty :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne