Darling Dogtooth

13 November 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Winter is my favourite time of year, mainly because I own more coats that I do shorts. Dogstooth, which is also know as houndstooth; or in this case puppytooth as the pattern is small scale, is one of my favourite patterns to play around with. The broken check print comes in a wide variety of colours and combinations and is suitable all year round. This coat, which is made of wool and cotton is ideal for this time of year it's warm and cosy, but can also be worn for multiple occasions. Dogstooth in general is often worn for more formal events and is extremely common in workwear. However, the duotone pattern is appearing in high street stores in the form of trousers, coats and even hats. The print is becoming more casual and I chose this fabric from a local textiles store, hope to have this oversized winter coat made for me. The larger sizes makes the coat much easier to layer underneath and the darker pattern; which is most often found in monochrome, pairs well with multiple colours including the navy denim.
 Coat - made for me // Top - made for me // Jeans - Nasty Gal // Shoes - Next // Bag - Topshop

29 comments

  1. Hi, liked your look,
    Here in Brazil is very hot, i can not wear long blouses heeheh

    xoxo.
    http://kaarenribeiro0.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gorgeous !!! I love the look and that coat is gorgeous ...
        Bajoelsombrerodesusan

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool and inspiring Anika! Great outfit Miss!Love the coat!!!
    ♥XO♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. liking the oversized coat, so chic

    www.formemag.com
    www.kkathleenn.blogspot.com
    @formemageditor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely jacket, looks very cozy! <3

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the coat!
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute outfit, especially the jacket

    check me out
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com
    bloglovin.com/theluxedition

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this coat that was made for you! wonderful combo<3
    dogtooth is such a lovely print! ( I was only familiar with it being called houndstooth but I think I like previous one better...and puppy tooth even more!!)
    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea there were so many other ways to call houndstooth! Puppytooth sounds so cute! Anywho, nice coat!
    - Evelyn
    Fashiontroverts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh that coat is so gorgeous. It works so well with the whole ensemble. Love x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love coats for winter too! Yours looks so good! And you look pretty <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 
    also on BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
  12. That coat is beautiful!! Such lovely pictures :) Jenn xx

    unitedvibe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous winter coat!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that coat is perfect!!!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing pics <3 Adorable coat <3
    xoxo
    www.Arbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice outfit, I love the coat and bag :)

    yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de/2014/11/love-peace-joy.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great look! The coat is really cute.

    TRENDGALORE
    BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this look! Your coat is so cool, and I love that it's custom made!

    ReplyDelete
  19. really????? I definitely prefer summer!!! :)
    xx

    isa

    www.un-likely.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I own more coats than I probably should too haha. But this one is lovely!
    Becky x
    And The Expectations

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne