A New Direction

11 December 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Recently I have been struggling with blogging regularly. Over the past month or so, I have been weighed down with the feeling that I don't quite fit in, no matter how hard I'm pushing. That's not down to the bogging community being hostile to me in any way, it's down to my over-dramatic brain trying to tell me I'm not comfortable with the content on my blog. To an extent, I do love just blogging about fashion, however, there's so much more to say it and I don't feel fulfilled just describing my outfit and favourite fabrics every day. Something about it doesn't feel right, it doesn't sit comfortably. 
So, I have decided to switch things up a little, until I fall into the slot where I belong. I like to write, that's my ambition and it's what keeps me motivated. I like to share experiences but I still have a keen interest in fashion and style. I have decided my blog is going to feature more topical items, in contrast to my outfit of the day, almost every day. There will still be plenty of fashion-based posts, so it's not a complete content change, yet, I would like to spend time also writing about things I enjoy and sharing more than just my wardrobe.
This is all still very new to me, Anika May isn't even a year old. I don't think I can quite define my my blog yet, I just know there might be a few changes. 

5 comments

  1. It's always good to mix it up a little, nice to see you taking risks!

    99 OUTFITS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the direction it goes! I went through the same thing-- you will get into your groove I'm sure!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to let you know, I love your blog

    check out todays blogmas
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com


    enter my giveaway
    http://theluxedition.blogspot.com/2014/12/sephora-haul-giveaway-blogmas-day-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand. I have been struggling with whether to carry on with my blog or not. Some days I feel really positive and really want to carry on and then other days I just want to curl up into a ball and hide from the world. You just carry on with what you want to do, and how you want your blog to be, dont let people force you to be someone you dont want to be .

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do what makes you comfortable and you don't have to do anything. Write when you feel inspired if that is twice in the same day or once every 2 weeks cause that's when it's fun. I myself am new to this blogging thing but it feels like every one who is new has this pressure(not saying that you have it) when starting to blog or even vlog that is to be done regularly and with high quality photos and so on which might be true to a certain extent. This is not a job(well at least not for me), this is a hobby and you make your own rules so do not weigh yourself down! :)

    Btw, English is not my first language but I hope you get it(I hate these kind of disclaimers but I had to)! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne