Dark December

10 December 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Gravitating towards darker clothing during this time of year is only natural. I absolutely love to wear all-black, just because it's one of my comfort colours so I tend to feel a lot more comfortable and confident in the colour. Today I couldn't help but pick a few darker pieces, but tried not to go all-black by including my check or flannel jacket and playing around with different textures. Leather usually looks to darkest in comparison to denim or cotton so I think mixing these up can make an outfit look less... black. Charcoal jeans are a wardrobe favourite of mine so they had to be included in today's look as they also match my jacket. I actually bought my zip-up in the summer during a sale and colour never find much to pair it with. However, this 100% cotton vest top is perfect. The top is very thin, and my jacket is quite loose so there's room for me to layer within the outfit for warmth. Finally, I wanted to match my suede shoes with the suede patches on my oversized handbag to complete the look.

6 comments

  1. I love the darker colours :) The oversized handbag is so gorgeous and adds a twist to your outfit! Great style you have. x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this!! whole outfit is lovely, especially the bag xx

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear Anika... wonderful like always. Love your blog so much <3

    Visit me: Kapege life moments :) ☆☆

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the all black look!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect cozy outfit! Love the bag especially :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dark cloths...

    check out todays blogmas
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com


    enter my giveaway
    http://theluxedition.blogspot.com/2014/12/sephora-haul-giveaway-blogmas-day-12.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne