Follow the Wanderlust

26 December 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Photo credit: Google
This time of year always makes me feel reflective. I try not to look back in disappointment, although there is some confusion as I have no idea where 2014 went. At the beginning of the year, I have a completely different group of friends and was in the middle of my second year in sixth form. I was applying for university and thinking about all the opportunities that come rushing in after receiving grades. That's how the teachers made life out to be. But over the summer, I learned it's very different, and secondary school only disorientated my outlook on life. Getting a good job and a huge house can come in a few years. I need to see the world first. Leaving Europe is the first step, I have only been to two other countries in my life as the travelling lifestyle wasn't always in my budget.
But, after creating my "one way ticket", "the big apple" and "city of angels" boards on Pinterest, my obsession with seeing every continent in the world just gets deeper.
One of the best ways of experiencing just a taste of the travelling life is to watch vlogs and video diaries. Even the thought of leaving good ol' Yorkshire and heading to London for a month is exciting, and Paris is a city of inspiration. My first beach holiday was in 2013 as I went to Salou, Spain and savoured every second. Salou is one city I could consider moving to, simply because there's no panic and no stress, it's all smiles.
Have you ever wanted to travel?
10 Places I Must Visit Before I (Decide to) Grow Up:
1. New York City
2. Los Angeles
3. Bondi Beach
4. Amsterdam
5. Toronto
6. Chiang Mai
7. Rio de Janeiro
8. Cape Town
9. Bangkok
10. Italy - the entire country.

5 comments

  1. Awesome places, I'm glad you liked your visit to Spain! Have you ever thought of coming to Salamanca? It is a beautiful city :D

    aparkaforyourthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely love traveling and there are so many places i want to go! nyc and la are amazing :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the list. Cape Town is on my list too!!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! I love travelling and really want to see more of the world and experiance more
    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This time of year always gives me wanderlust. I guess I'm "grown up", but I still always want to escape to new destinations ;) NYC is my favourite place to visit and I live in Toronto- it's a fab place to be! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne