5 Things That Make Me Smile

26 January 2015 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Photo Credit.
Being an adult is still pretty rough. After my first week of work, and finally getting round to Monday again, I feel like it's time for a pick-me-up; and it's only the first day of the week. Not only do I finally understand why people always complain about working, but I have discovered every fault in public transport and it's not as glorious as I imagined. Optimism needs to stay on top, so I thought I would remind myself of a few things that usually cheer me up when I'm just 'meh'.

1. Snow. And sometimes even rain. Although I prefer them when I'm inside, watching snow fall is almost therapeutic and the sound of rain is relaxing to fall asleep to. The snow clouds have been a little shy in January despite a few sleet spells, and a little sprinkle of snow is enough to make me smile. The greatest thing about living away from the city centre is being able to watch the snow fall as well as watch it settle.

2. Fried food. Anything I know isn't good for me is usually something I'm going to like. A Sunday fry-up sounds like the perfect thing on an early morning and the smell alone will make me smile. Despite my attempts to avoid fried or junk food, a few fries are a great way to feel a little warmer.

3. Movie nights. Paying almost £7 a month isn't the best thing to dwell on, but being able to watch some of my favourite films and television shows on repeat is the easiest way for me to feel better. As a self-professed couch potato, one of my best talents is being able to watch three seasons of a tv show in two days.

4. Winter sun. Waking up on a chilly morning is incredibly difficult, but with the slight shimmer of sun, it's that little bit easier. The natural light is almost like motivation for me to actually wake up, otherwise it's not really happening. Similarly, sitting indoors all day at a desk isn't as productive as one would imagine. Seeing the sun shine through the windows keeps me wide awake and feeling content.

5. Window shopping. Most people would say this makes them miserable, but I actually really enjoy browsing shops. Window shopping is a lot easier with an empty bank account, but trying on clothes and going to the sale rack is a great way to inspire your personal style and experiment with what's out on the high street. 

3 comments

  1. love this. Your a beautiful writer

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice roundup! Small, simple things can really be the best mood boosters. A sunny winter day with window shopping sounds perfect to me :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so so so so so so cute and honestly i can relate to all of these :)

    so happy i found your blog! I LOVE BLOGGERS!

    xo,
    ayana

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne