this is how my week goes

8 January 2015 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

this is how my week goes
My theory is that colour is for the brighter days and the better moods. This seems like more of an excuse, but I can't help to gravitate towards a monochrome look - it happens without me noticing. I'm a fan of contrasting colours because I think it's the easiest way to make a look appear put-together and effortless simultaneously. The R13 Nancy Striped Boy Tee is a perfect example. Stripes are such a simple pattern, but make this shirt seem more complex in contrast to a plain black or white tee. The Black High Waisted Jean Shorts compliment and bring out the black in the t-shirt, but to make this seem brighter, white shorts would work too. The distressed demin and studs expose the stylish design without going over the top.

A Wool Hat is essential for this season, even if shorts aren't. The 100% wool hat includes a subtle leather band for texture contrast. To finish the look, I included the Dioon Elastic Chelsea Boot available at Office Shoes. The chunky 90's inspired boot includes a platform for extra high and intensity.

4 comments

  1. Can't beat black and white, loved this xx
    Love Vicki <3 victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these


    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I agree with the pacing of the week. The weekend flies! Love all of the black accessories- the stripes are great and that bra is super pretty! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne