The Reality of 9 to 5

12 February 2015 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Working hard is something I have always weirdly enjoyed and I was more than excited when I got my first full-time job. School always taught me that jobs only came after university, but there's something about four more years of learning that I was never really keen on. The great thing about working is that I get paid, an obvious positive. However, working from 9am to 5pm has opened my eyes to reality and helped me realise that being an adult is not as amazing as it was made out to be. 

I have always had diaries, just because I like to be organised. But half the time they were empty or I completely forgot about them half-way through the year. Today, I rely on my diary and planner more than ever. The calendar app in my phone has become on the most useful tools over the past few weeks and without it I would probably be without a job. When I first started working full-time, I was still work-shy from missing having days at home and felt uncomfortable being squashed up against other people on a train. A few weeks later and it's almost like I'm a completely different person.

Working in a busy city has boosted my confidence and given me skills I never had at school. I'm now more than ready to move to somewhere much busier like London or even New York, after the experience I have gained in just a few weeks. Being shy always held me back, but today I have absolutely no issue walking around in a busy city and I'm astonished. School always felt like a burden, and on occasion work does too - but the reality of 9 to 5 is a much more useful step into life than the awkward years of secondary school.

4 comments

  1. So lovely post. I cant wait to become and ''adult'' with full-time job even I know it's hard :)
    What do you do? :)

    Visit me: Kapege life moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What job have you got? I currently work full time in retail and I absolutely hate it. The hours are all over the place. I wish I had a more structured 9-5 job! It is hard but we have to stay positive and make life as fun as possible! We can do it :)

    Mimicryer x UK fashion & beauty

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne