The Big Apple Obsession

29 April 2015

NYC is the city of dreams to many people. It's a magical place that seems to be full of surprises and laced with culture. New Yorkers themselves occasionally say they don't understand the fascination the outsiders have, but there are a fair few who still see the fairytale. If I was to ever visit the city, my instinct would be to do the most touristy of things - visiting Central Park, Times Square and the Grand Central Terminal. 
The admiration may have come from the many, many, television shows and films based in the city. From The Devil Wears Prada to Gossip Girl, Manhattan and its surrounding areas appear glamorous and captivating to the rest of the world. New York Fashion Week seems to be one of the most exciting events to be held by the city, not forgetting the ever-traditional New Year's Rockin' Eve. They say the city is enchanting towards the end of the year, but I can just imagine the spark lasting for 12 months out of the year. Have you ever visited NYC? 

8 comments

  1. I've never visited NYC but I'd absolutely love to! Love your blog, definitely a new follower :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've visited and its so beautiful, I love it so much I want to move there

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to there next year :)

    Follow me on GFC and/or Instagram ( @hekyma ). I'll follow you back.
    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been quite a few times, it's lovely :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, the appeal of New York has to be all the culture.
    All the different people and incredible restaurants, there is so much diversity. You could never get bored!
    I feel like it is a place to express yourself too, like you would never be judged there!
    The whole place just seems to be bursting with character.

    Hope you are having a wonderful day xoxo
    Other Infinities

    ReplyDelete
  6. NYC is one of the top cities on my bucket list, I'm just dying to visit one day! It's just so far from me, the literal opposite side of the world! But it's definitely my dream city - I'm saving to finally visit next year with my mum! Lovely post girly x

    www.chontellelouise.blogspot.com
    visit my blog if you like <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to new york but I'm dying to go!!

    Aine Oh

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been but one day maybe :). It just seems so I don't know, magical :). I totally understand your obsession!

    XX

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne