Leather Jacket Loving

11 May 2015

A basic leather jacket is a must-have and fashion hack all in one. They come in plenty of different colours, styles and sizes but sometimes basic is best. Not everyone is comfortable with real leather, but faux can also be inexpensive and be of high quality. There are many reasons why a leather jacket is a closet essential, for both genders. They’re excellent for layering; especially during this time of year. Leather is generally a thicker and insulating fabric, so they’re key in during this season in the UK, when the weather never really decided what it wants to do. Getting a size that is a little larger can be great for layering and can make a more comfortable fit. Real leather and high quality faux doesn't stretch, so wearing too many items underneath can be uncomfortable. Buying a larger sizes allows room to move and extra comfort. However, there are cropped leather jackets that are designed for the summertime, buying these in your regular size such ensure for a stylish fit. Leather brings plenty of texture to an outfit which can help the overall look seem more exciting. The fabric contrasts well with many other fabrics, including the more common denim, cotton and jersey. Yet, lace or velvet paired with fabric create a unique look and an interesting blend.

These jackets were designed to look ‘edgy’ and cool, and they still can. Many chose to buy leather jackets because they can be paired with nearly everything, making them one of the best fashion hacks since skinny jeans. Throwing a leather jacket over a more formal dress can create a mix between casual and proper pieces and is an easy ready-to-go look. As leather jackets come in so many colours and styles, you can never have too many. Some chose to buy a brighter colour rather than the standard black or brown to add a pop of colour of their favourite LBD. Styling a leather jacket is trouble-free and always looks effortless.
Jacket - Miss Selfridge 

12 comments

  1. I love leather jackets! THey're so cool! I love this look on you!
    XO IMKE // www.pastellics.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you - leather jackets are so stylish and versatile!
    Thank you for sharing this! Great post ^^
    ~Kiyomi from kokorosasa <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree that the leather jacket is a must have, versatile item in your wardrobe! lovely post xxx

    illustrated-wardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. agree !!
    basic leather jacket is a must have item

    AMOURPIXIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have my fair share of leather jackets. I love all the colourful ones and I agree, with this crazy UK weather this is the type of jacket you need to be betting on.

    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always said a good leather jacket is an investment!
    www.norawears.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous look!

    www.DeluxeFashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous!!!!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love leather jacket. anyway I agreed with you, leather jackets are so stylis. but Im so sad little bit expensive if I buy real leather.
    would you like to follow each other? If you follow me, please let me know.
    I will follow you back after it. =D
    <a href="http://www.tomntins.com/2015/05/dresslink-korean-synthetic-leather.html</a>

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love leather jackets! Especially the basic biker jackets. I want one so bad!
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cool outfit, I really love it !

    http://clothespaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. leather jackets look so good on a lot of girls. i am embarrassed to say that I do not own one! ugh! I need to change that and get my hands on my own leather jacket soon!

    Jessica
    pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne