8 Lies Girls Always Tell

10 June 2015

"I deserve a treat."
This is something I say way to often and it's never true. I could work hard for fifteen minutes and then believe I deserve and enormous glass of white wine. It's just how the mind works.
"I have nothing to wear."
She says staring at a closet full of hundreds of items of clothing. For girls, there needs to be a different look for every occasion, or at least they need to feel it's different. New clothes are always exciting and when we haven't had any in a while, we slowly conclude you don't have any at all.
"I'll never drink again."
Guilty. A little night on the town could easy turn into an all-night episode of Geordie Shore while doesn't result in the best feeling the next day. No matter how many times we promise ourselves we will completely abstain from alcohol, the "just one more drink" demon is stronger than estimated.
"I'll do it later."
In English: it's never getting done. Procrastination at it's finest. This line is the best way to put off a semi-important task that should probably and could probably be done on the spot; yet we still chose to ignore this instinct and place the to-do to the back of our minds, never to be thought of again.
"I have no money."
This usually means we don't want to spend any money. It's the best excuse to get out of a shopping day we know will result in a damaged debit card and a decrease in the current account. I like to have money in the bank, and convincing myself I don't have anyway is the easiest way to avoid spending it.
"I'm on a diet."
This lie can occasionally be true, but is quickly broken. Sometimes we can't resist a tremendous slice of chocolate pudding and the diet is put on the side for a day, or two. The same line also applies to those females who fall into health trends and fads.
"I'm not mad at you."
Translation: "I'm really mad at you." It's the best way to start an argument without really starting an argument. It creates that element of drama which certain girls seem to thrive from. It also creates a talking point and the perfect opportunity for a gossip session. 
"I'm almost ready."
It's never true. I could say this while still being in bed and claim to be halfway out the door. It's become more of a reflex rather than a reply. One of the longest running jokes is that girls take forever to get ready, although this isn't always true, some of us tend to move much slower than others and this little white lie is the finest way to avoid the subject. 

30 comments

  1. I'll do it later... That is SO me! I'm so bad at waiting til the last minute! I'm currently meant to be writing in my textiles journal hahah Em xx

    http://edoublemamurray.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAH these are so true especially the first too I always think I need a treat and that I have no clothes truth is I just want new clothes lol


    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true.
    I'm guilty of 'I have nothing to wear' but if look closely to my wardrobe.
    There are some clothes I didn't even wear
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I have nothing to wear... Lol cute post! And definitely accurate!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I think the only one I say on this is "i have nothing to wear"! It certainly seems like that some days, although I know my problem is just too much stuff in my wardrobe making it too difficult to chose what to wear, haha!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I have nothing to wear" SO ME! hahaha :P This list is way too true!

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this funny post
    Check my new post or follow me on Instagram
    xoxo

    http://instagram.com/ladyfur?ref=badge

    http://www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL so true, I have nothing to wear
    www.simplystacey.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I deserve a treat." That is so me haha. I'm not even on a diet or anything and it can be for no reason what so ever. In my mind I just do deserve what ever it may be that I'm craving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aha these are too true.... "i'm almost ready" hits home a little too hard :P

    Natalie / Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I have nothing to wear" haha I've definitely uttered these words while peering into my almost too full closet and it's something my husband will never understand. #girlproblems

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post dear! Hope you have a lovely day.

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    xoxo;
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  13. So recognizable, hehe! X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome! "I'll never drink again" and "I'm not mad" are the most common for me! haha great post!
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha...this is so true!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so true especially the one about deserving a treat, i use it for every excuse I get. Oh and my other half knows by now that if I say I'm not mad at you I definitely mean the opposite haha x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  17. 'I deserve a treat' is SOOO me! LMAO! It's always a new lipstick or clothes or even a glass of wine, there's always an excuse for a treat. LOL!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have nothing to wear....yup thats me lol :p
    these are all true!
    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. cool post haha

    x Maria
    Have a look at my newest Outfitpost
    featuring my new CROCHET DRESS
    Let me know what you think about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha I loved this post!
    xx Elle

    New outfit post on:
    www.cherryblossomstreet.com - Swedish Fashion Blogger and Model in TOKYO

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my dear god, I say all of these haha. Especially the I Deserve A Treat one haha! We're terrible liars and we know it but doesn't stop us from saying them!

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaa these are so accurate! I'm guilty of saying "I'm almost ready" way too much - I will never be ready when I am supposed to be. X

    A Blonde Moment

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahaha!! I totally agree with you!! I use some of them too, many times!! Xoxo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I say all of these things but the having no money one is true unfortunately :(
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
  25. I laughed through all cos am definitely guilty of quite a few esp the timing one, Buh you just exposed to guys,they will know whenever we pulled a fast one on them.. lovely post.

    www.mahkaravesnrants.blogspot.com. hope you will visit.

    ReplyDelete
  26. hahaha i love this! story of my life! xx

    This Damsel Loves Blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. "I'll do it later" is definitely something I do! Those mugs are awesome

    http://wanderingsofalostsoul1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh yes I have used all of these and do it all the time :P Great post!

    www.pamsstuffandthings.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. hahahaha, i love this post! definitely applies to most females *guilty*

    XELISHA
    http://elishamae.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne