Exploring Oslo: Day Three

22 June 2015

The third day was only a half day as I had to be back at the airport for very early, and I like to be on time. One place I knew I had to visit before I disappeared was the Holmenkollbakken ski jump, a world famous ski hill which has been hosting competitions since 1892. After seeing it so many times on Pinterest and getting a desperate sense of wanderlust, I bought a train ticket and headed right to the top. The reviews were not below expectation as the scenes were absolutely breathtaking. Every place you turned there was a new area of Norway to take in, the country is ridiculously stunning. The ski jump is also a museum which meant I got to learn about the history of the area and competitions held there. I also had a chance to go into the ski jump simulator, it was certainly not worth the high price but all part of the experience. I took an unhealthy amount of photos while up there and couldn't contain my excitement while looking from the astonishing landmark.
The journey home was a somber one, as I left the bright blue skies or Oslo, I landed under the gloomy glow of ol' Yorkshire. At least I took 3,000 photos.

18 comments

  1. beautiful views! Wow, these pictures sure are breath taking :)

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the landscape is beautiful! I'd love to visit Scandinavia sometime. Love your sunglasses too! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i would love to visit this city one day :) <3

    xoxo,
    Alice's Pink Diary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Oslo looks stunning! I've been dying to visit Norway for such a long time, and these breathtaking photos just made me want to travel there so much more :)
    I'm your newest follower! Lovely blog <3
    x Alona

    gentleconfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture look so wonderful, the view is breathtaking, looks like you had fun <3

    Follow for follow on Instagram, GFC, Bloglovin and Google+? :)
    Capturing Life Memoirs | http://aimeebustillo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these pictures are breath taking, I would love to be there!

    Stylingfaithfully.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos. I want to travel to Norway for such a long time now (: the landscape is just amazing!
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scenery is gorgeous! This is making me very excited to go on vacation soon and take 3000 photos :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  9. The view is breathtaking, you look stunning thanks for sharing
    follow for follow?:)

    xoxo
    http://hilarynirvana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool pics!!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank for sharing<3 love this post
    follow for follow?:)

    xoxo
    http://hilarynirvana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Olso is SO beautiful!! It's on my list of places to visit.. Any other recommendations?
    Gorgeous pictures too btw
    Sam xx

    Http://www.beautifie.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos!

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oslo looks beautiful! I love places like this and these photos look lovely :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always take such beautiful photos. Looks like a great trip :) x

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been in Oslo in April and I loved it! It's great to see your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your posts..these looks awesome..

    http://pedisource.com/nail-salon-equipment-furniture.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne