How to Juggle Blogging and a Full Time Job

3 June 2015 Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

Planning
I wouldn't be anywhere if I didn't plan everything. I have a day-to-page planner which means I occasionally plan my days out by the hours. I feel much more at ease with the smooth running of my blog when I can visually see what I have going on throughout the week. It's easy for tasks and ideas to get lost in the back of my memory, so it's vital I plan just about everything I do; from the moment I wake up to the hour I go to bed.
Carry a notebook and camera
I always have a notebook as I'm always writing posts. Whether they're freelance jobs or for Anika May, I like to have drafts written out while I have spare time so I'm not worrying about writing up a post the day it must be published. There wouldn't be as many posts on Anika May if I didn't write while I was on the go, and my iPad comes in handy for bumpy train rides too. I don't carry my DSLR everyday, but I always have my iPhone which has a high quality, perfect for getting those spontaneous shots.
Photography
I'm always taking photos of things and writing posts around them. I may photograph an outfit or product I'm obsessed with and have it saved on my computer for weeks before I draft commentary on it. Similarly, when I do have drafts written up, I take the photos before I plan to set the post to go live. It's another task that's no longer weighing on my brain and it's important to take advantage of the sunlight while I can.
Scheduling
Some bloggers believe in scheduling posts and other don't. For the good of Anika May, I prefer to have posts scheduled in advance as I'm quite busy outside my blog. When I'm away from my computer, I don't always have the resources to publish posts immediately so I can schedule them to go live while I handle working full time. I don't tend to schedule posts for more than a week in advance, as a lot can change in that time and always go over features before they go live.
Don't panic
Panicking about getting tasks done is it's own form of procrastination. If I'm worrying about Anika May my job becomes very difficult and visa versa. It's all about finding that balance between the both and easing the pressure on both ends. Blogging is a hobby I will always enjoy and never give up, making that passion one of the best shapes of motivation to work hard and achieve my goals.
[photo cred]

22 comments

  1. Thanks a lot for these awesome tips. X!
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tips! Exactly how I manage my full-time Job and Blogging :)

    TheVogueWord
    TheVogueWord

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very true. Planning is the key especially when I'm working 50 hours per week.

    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tips, you are a superwoman!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only work part time and I still find that planning on top of scheduling is key to keep a work/life/blog balance. Great tips & fair play to you for blogging and working full time x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really helpful! I work full time and have recently been trying really hard to get into blogging but it is difficult to balance your time! I am really enjoying it though :)

    Alice x

    www.alicewojcik.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such fab tips lovely, if only I'd have seen this post before going full time when I used to struggle to get posts up. So helpful for any newbies out there too :)

    Elle
    http://www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. great tips, i absolutely swear by scheduling and can't believe people cope without it! xx

    cat / je suis cat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed. It's so difficult to make your blog as beautiful and interesting as you want with a full time job!

    Kristy x

    www.theballadofmywanderingtoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tips, sometimes I feel like I have two jobs because of blogging,

    http://www.rachledinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahaha, This post was for me ! I am juggling between my job, my classes & my blog. It's not always easy but.. There are often new posts on Hekyma ! "Scheduling posts" saved my life too, lol. And often think/write articles when I am in the public transports (train or metro) or during my break at work. :)

    Nice post sweetie !

    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tips

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/06/lighness.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blogging takes up a lot of time, that's for sure! I'm not nearly as organized as I wish I was, but for now, it works for me!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely post! Thank you for sharing how you handle blogging and working. That is something I am still trying to do.

    astylishlovestory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are really great tips I prefer to have my posts scheduled as I don't have time to be writing posts everyday I do have a normal day job and things can get very hectic and when inspirational doesn't come to me


    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely image and I loved all of the tips! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely helpful post! I'm trying to juggle blogging every day with my full time job plus everything else! Wish me luck! xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've really gotten into planning this year. I realise why I never got anything done before! I also tend to forget not to panic, ha. Great tips x

    Ornella || euhnella

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooo another great post, thanks for sharing this advice :)
    xo xo
    www.rosesinparis.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love scheduling posts. With my school and work I have no time to write a post a week.
    Good Post!

    http://adrie182.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great tips! I always get stuck to manage between blogging and full-time job.

    bjorkiagadzotica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for these tips! I am starting university soon and although it's not a full time job, I know I'll definitely be a lot busier!

    A Life Full Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne