How to Cure Boredom

26 July 2015

Get crafty
I often act like I'm an artistic person. Although I studied graphic design in school, I'm far from a Lee Krasner or Vivienne Westwood. But when I'm struggling to find something to do, it's nice to pull out all those expensive art supplies I keep buying and actually try to use them. Even if it's drawing a simple picture or (an attempt at) painting the Yorkshire scenery. 

Read
By getting stuck in a page-turning book, the time passes ever so quickly. There's nothing better than getting lost in a captivating plot no matter what the storyline or genre. It's a great way to pass time, but I also use reading to expand my vocabulary which is very helpful for me. I quite like the idea of being able to use a wider range of words, which works for me as someone who is trying to develop their journalism techniques. 

Refine a skill
To expands techniques, you must be able to have the right skill level. This applies to just about anything and the only way to getting better at something is to practise. I've tried, there's no shortcut. Finding that urge of motivation and working hard soon takes your mind away from how dull the day was. 

Play a game
Competition is in my blood. I'm a fierce Mario Kart player and will happily play every track until I win each one. There's no chance of mercy if I play monopoly and a solid game of hide and seek will feel more like the Hunger Games. Not that games have to be that serious, but they easily cure boredom even if you're alone. There are plenty of free games online that you could get lost in and thousands that's spend hours glued to a games console! 

Get outside/work out
Walking is one of my favourite things to do this summer, and strangely enough - so is working out. My playlists are ready to go and I cam happily stroll across the Leeds Liverpool canal for hours. Pack a bag full of snacks and drinks and head out the door. If you hate walking, why not just sit outside and absorb your surroundings? Take in the great things this season has to offer and you'll quickly end up in deep thought. Before you know it, an hour or so has passes! 

20 comments

  1. such a cute post! I need to get crafty more! very cute idea!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. refine a skill, that's definitely my favourite way to cure boredom
    kisses
    http://www.theitalianglam.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. refine a skill, that's definitely my favourite way to cure boredom
    kisses
    http://www.theitalianglam.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. refine a skill, that's definitely my favourite way to cure boredom
    kisses
    http://www.theitalianglam.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like to taste it
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to go outside and enjoy a little walk if it's sunny or reading with a good cup of tea if it's not! Lovely post! xx

    Alexandra | Glam O’Clock

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this post, I've been trying to keep more crafty things around the house for moments like these.

    fourcatsplusus.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hair girl! And nice fun article. I'm inlove with your photos. Btw, would you like for us to follow each other? Let me know. Follow me so I can follow you back right away. Keep in touch!

    Much love,
    -Eva Marie
    www.evaaguspina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. When i'm feeling bored, i workout too or just go out and have some walk.
    I get bored easily so thanks for sharing some.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect post dear!

    Izabell │my diary/klik/

    Follow for follow? Let me know! I always follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing these great tips! There's always things to do to keep you busy well at least for me

    Candice Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really good tips! I get so bored on my days off but getting crafty and reading are my go to cures! xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tips! I used to read a lot back when I had more time, it's a lovely way to stave off boredom. Now with baby, I'm certainly never bored. A lot busier, hehe! :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome post! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the ideas here - totally agree with reading being good for curing boredom and expanding your vocabulary, that's why I try to read as wide a variety of novels as possible :)

    Paris
    http://lifeinflorals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Working out is definitely the best option !

    www.caetera-moda.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne