Plaid Power

12 September 2015

Wrap - Matalan // Top - Next // Jeans - Topshop // Boots - Next // Jewellery - M&S // Bag - TK Maxx
Since working full time, time seems to magically disappear from me without my permission and I've learned how much time it takes for my inner-perfectionist to calm down and just get the job done. However, with a new wage, come a new shopping budget and I'm so excited to start sharing more outfits on Anika May. 
This looks is a total autumn buy and I couldn't resist. One of my biggest style icons is Serena van der Woodsen and I'll wear anything that I've seen her in. Plaid isn't one of my favourite patterns, I never thought it really suited me, but since watching a Gossip Girl episode which features the one and only It Girl in a stunning plaid look, I thought I'd give the seasoned look a try. Plus, the wrap is incredibly warm, it's like wearing a super stylish blanket outside. I think the colours are create the idea autumnal palette, and it's so easy to dress with! Denim looks great with the wool-cotton fabric, so I paired my favourite pair of blue jeans and nude booties to finish the look.
Top - Next // Wrap - Matalan // Jewellery - Next // Boots - Next // Bag - TK Maxx

16 comments

  1. I love this look and it looks SO cosy :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look, it looks so comfortable!

    Have a nice day, xx
    Guiltyparisian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that wrap! It's so ideal for Autumn! Great look!

    Amber | y a c h t s m a a n

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing outfit, it really suits you! x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look! I'm such a sucker for plaid at any time of year and that muted shade of nail polish is super pretty :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bigger budgets are always something to celebrate. Loving how cozy you look in this outfit! :)

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved plaid and I think you've styled in so nicely in this post; the wrap gives your entire outfit such a comfortable feel but everything else still maintains the outfit's chic-vibes. I love it! Oh, and new shopping budget, YES.

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit looks so cosy! And I think the plaid looks so good on you, I love this outfit. I've never shopped in Matalan before but I'm so tempted to buy that wrap!x
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look! It's perfect for transitional weather, and I love how you've color coordinated the plaid with your nails and bag! xx

    Summer, The Twins Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this shirt! Your hair is so gorgeous.

    xo, Meera | www.momentswithmeera.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit looks perfect for autumn! :)
    //Sara

    www.saralindberg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely outfit
    i loveeeee that plaid wrap!

    www.indigolorae.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Matalan wrap! I love all things Gossip Girl too :)

    Hannah x
    Paloma in Disguise

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice parka :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne