Style Crush: Lauren Conrad

30 September 2015

Lauren Conrad has remained one of my favourite celebrities from the beginning of Laguna Beach back in 2004. Despite only being 8 years old, I was still drawn to Lauren for her down-to-earth attitude and growing personal style. As she showed more interest in fashion, even studying this during her time on The Hills from 2006 onwards, Lauren's street and social style has developed into an inspirational wardrobe and created closet envy worldwide. She has studied at an elite fashion school (Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising) and working with some of the most iconic names in the modern fashion industry (Teen Vogue, Kelly Cutrone and Kohl's). I think Lauren's experiences and amazing sense of style inspire many, including herself, as she continues to build her empire. 
Lauren's style has always had a girly element to it, which is why we often find her in dresses and skirts when out in the public eye. I think her feminine touch was visible from early stages while on The Hills and has continued to influence the way she dresses. She usually pics a basic shoe, making her clothing items the staple pieces and centre of her look. One thing I've noticed is that Lauren never overly-accessorizes and is perfectly happy with a simple colour scheme. She never collides a wild variety of colour to create something extraordinary, but her sense of confidence and happiness also show through in each look she pulls off. I'm drawn to Lauren's wardrobe because of it's naturally girly quirk and ability to look chic no matter the occasion. Whether it's an outfit for a photoshoot or pop culture appearance, Lauren has continued to stay one of my number one style crushes.

16 comments

  1. Lauren is a little bit too frilly for my liking, but she carries the style well; she's so chic yet girl-next-door!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my icons too! Though I'm still a little too shy to create a fashion blog (I have a lifestyle/personal blog as of now), I see myself emulating a little bit of her style as well! Your blog is ALWAYS refreshing to read and look at. Love it! xoxo

    Love,
    http://www.theindymiss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I love Lauren Conrad too. She always seems so down to earth and her style is so simple but so perfectly put together :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is my style crush too! I love how she has such a mixture of feminine outfits and edgy outfits!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh yes! I love her style, she's been a style crush of mine for years!
    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lauren Conrads style, it's so beautiful and pretty :)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally see why! She is the cutest!!

    Danielle
    http://www.blushblossom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren's style such a girly yet very strong woman like and I love it! Tho, I admit, I wouldn't wear only her kind of style outfits, as I like to mix things up a bit. But she really is a good fashion inspiration :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love style.. I love her style !

    www.smallnhot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it
    great post
    kiss
    new post http://sarameirelesthesnowwhite.blogspot.pt/2015/09/brave.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I really like here style and she is also beautiful!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously, does she ever get it wrong??- great post x

    Claire- www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne