Typical Tartan

5 September 2015

Dress - custom made // Bag - TK Maxx (Fiorelli) // Boots - Next (similar) //Watch - M&S (old)
There's something I just adore about a typical tartan print. No matter what the colour, I'm naturally drawn to the pattern and I think it's idea for the upcoming season. I think the versatility is one this I really like. The criss-crossed arrangement can be found on a wide range of fabric, from silk for a scarf or cotton for a dress, despite tartan originating in woven wool. As it always comes in every colour possible, the print is really easy to dress up or down. My dress could be taken as an example, black is by far the easiest colour to dress around and happens to be the base colour for my ensemble. The subtle stripes of pink and grey bring the dress to life without going to far. I am trying to wear more colours this year so I added my bright blue handbag as a staple accessory. Finally, my suede boots match the colour of my dress and casually contract with the fabric of my dress without clashing. 
What do you think about the tartan fabric? Yae or nay? 

26 comments

  1. Hey, very cute casual dress. I love the little booties as well :)

    Lu

    P.S. Come and check my latest giveaway:
    http://bit.ly/1NTYZUE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anika, I just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for a Liebster Award. My latest post explains it all.

    XoXo
    Valentina | DAILY SUIT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dress so much!!you look so cute.
    Xoxo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome bag. Love the color! X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous dress I need it! X
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex

    ReplyDelete
  6. That custom made tartan dress is amazing. You look very pretty and chic<3

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit and I really like how you paired those cute ankle boots with it.
    toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great and i'm loving that Bag ,i thought it was Zara because it looks like one i got from there store, until i scrolled down . Really Nice.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fab, loving the bag too! http://onthehs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look amazing, such a great blog

    http://abdelkhalekleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looove tartan fabric! Something about it makes me very happy :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. love tartan! this dress is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. im a big fan of tartan and gurll you're absolutely rocking it! so in love with your blog, would you like to follow each other? stay in touch<3
    www.rebelrebel.co x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the dress and the bag, they are so pretty x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute outfit and nice bag! ♥

    Please check out my new post, too! If you want, let's follow each other's blog and other social media sites? I'd love to hear something from you. Let me know! :)
    www.cielofernando.com

    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely adore that bag! I've been looking for a bag like this FOREVER!


    xo, N

    www.natashasolae.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey! Super look and beauty bag !
    Hugs !
    savana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey! Super look and beauty bag !
    Hugs !
    savana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely outfit! Especially the bag and the print <3
    http://www.evas-place.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your dress! It looks just fab with that cobalt bag. I have a soft spot for tartan too.

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice outfit! I really like your bag and the print of your dress :) x

    www.damlatuzun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne