Late Season Garden Party

9 October 2015

Wedges are the perfect shoe for early autumn. Not only are they the easiest form of heel to walk in, but they also come in the widest variety which makes most styles easy to dress up or down. This evening I'll be attending a garden party in a rustic-style venue with a few friends. It's quite rare to attend gatherings hosted outdoors during this time of the year but I never say no to a shindig. I think my layered dress adds an element of complexity to my outfit without becoming too overbaring and bright for the season. A blend of primary colours is usually associated with summer so I tried to stick to a basic tone throughout while still giving off that slightly formal tone. My nude wegdes are amazingly comfortable so I'm able to wear them all night; the shade blends with every other colour in my wardrobe which makes them one of my very favourite pairs.
Denim jackets are also a statement summer item, but as this party isn't going to be in the freezing cold autumn rain, I decided it would be fitting to include this warmer piece to brighten up and casualize my look. I love to carry my tiny Topshop purse to every event I go to so I couldn't leave it out of this outfit. 
Jacket - Topshop (similar) // Dress - Next // Bag - Topshop (similar) // Shoes - Next (review)

17 comments

  1. love your dress

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely look! Simple, but looks very nice and girly :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looking lovely, Anika.
    Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog.
    Following you now via G+ and GFC. Hope you will follow back!

    Have A Great Weekend and stay in touch!
    xx
    Epsita

    www.thepositivewindow.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great:)
    you have beautiful shoes :)

    http://fashionmakeup-czarnulaxyz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous dress and wedges!

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. those shoes are everything!!! you look great. xx Lita
    http://www.fancy-notebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love your denim jacket, perfect basic piece :)
    ♡ Kristina
    TheKontemporary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty dress
    You look so chic on it

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi beautiful! Thank you so much for the blog love! You have a great blog and I absolutely adore this look! The neutral sandals are perfect and keep the focus on your pretty dress! Well wishes and much success to you!

    Tiffany

    Http://tinytiffs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there hun. Great post I LOVE IT, love your style of writing too.
    Thank you for sharing this with us..
    Chec my new post whenever yu can, hope you'll like it.
    BLOG: http://its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk/
    INSTAGRAM: its.dominica.s

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anika, you are so beautiful! great styling!!
    www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne