Why I Want to Travel the World

19 October 2015

There are plenty of people who dream of travelling from city to experience the most each has to offer; I am one of those people. After visiting Oslo earlier in the year, I've come to realise how much I have the "wanderlust fever" and have embraced a large need to explore.

There's just so much to see.

Every step of a journey is one I enjoy. From packing, to the ride to the airport - it's all extremely exiting. In 2013, I went to Paris on the Eurostar and would love to do it again before the end of the year. Paris is one of the greatest cities in the world and like New York City, manages to satisfy all my interests. They're fashion filled and contain plenty of amazing sites. Paris and New York are easily two of the most photogenic cities in the world, alongside Sydney, Marrakesh, Tokyo and Florence.

The list of places I wish to visit endless, and putting together a list of importance seems impossible. However, the reason I want to explore remains the same: to learn and to experience. Working in a busy city five days each week means I see the same scenes all the time. To look at something new or live in a different way, even for a short while, is stimulating and always impressive. 

Fashion has always been on of my biggest interests, so another reason to visit a new area is to take in the different kinds of street and designer style around the world. I love the idea of a new piece to my wardrobe, from a different culture or country to store as a cherished memory. A new favourite of mine is this Tokyo inspired Spiral rucksack*, kindly sent to me buy stylefruits.co.uk after I won their Insider's Tip competition back in September. The graphic print mimics the bright lights of Tokyo - one of the cities towards the top of my list. It's bright and colourful and makes the perfect carry-on.

There are hauls of items and accessories I couldn't live without while travelling; from my iPad (and Spotify) to my growing collection of notebooks and diaries. Bringing in another reason I want to travel the world: I get to buy stuff. Shopping is the best friend that never says no and I love shopping around in unfamiliar cities.

My plans to travel are in motion, which means saving every ounce of my wage and adding plenty to my Pinterest boards and Tumblr blog. What do you love about travelling?

19 comments

  1. Totally agree with you. I'd love to travel the world - to see more places, to shape my mind, to get to know people from other cultures. It sounds like a dream (and a dream I really want to come true, the only way to do this is to buy a ticket and just go!)
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love travelling and the endless things it had to offer: experiencing different cultures, meeting new people, seeing new things, world wonders, tasting new recipes, exploring cities and getting the feel of freedom. Travelling for life is my only faraway dream that I would love to achieve, however, it's not easy as the prices are enormous of plane tickets, trains and etc. Somehow I will need to work to get money for it :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Experiencing different cultures is the best experience ever and I feel like it's when you really learn about yourself. I especially like visiting obscure places or little hidden treasures in big cities - These are usually more gritty but give you a better feel for places as a whole.

    Loved reading this post! It's totally set my wanderlust off again.

    Bethany | Curly and Wordy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this whole post and couldn't agree more! One of my favorite quotes is "the world is a book and those who do not travel read only the first page"....
    Can't wait to see more of your travel posts! And feel free to check out some of mine for inspiration if you'd like!

    XO Sahra
    Que Sera Sahra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traveling is so much fun and I love having new experiences and seeing different parts of the world. I went to Tokyo in 2009 and it was an incredible trip. Enjoy your travels...and don't forget to take lots of pictures!

    www.livinginsteil.com
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally the same! I love traveling and I think everybody should see the world! Life without traveling is not life.

    thechicflair.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice post :)

    www.theclassicv.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about traveling...well maybe not trying to fit my whole wardrobe in a carry on bag haha. Still, I have such a thirst for it and my list of must-see destinations seems to grow with each passing day.

    -M
    www.violetroots.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Anika, basically why I want to travel!

    Joey | www.JoeyLondon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, I think travelling is a really amazing experience. I have so many places I would love to visit!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely would love to travel and observe street style in different countries- but even just the architecture, food and natural wonders around the world would be inspiring!

    secret-hipster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to see new places, and really look up and out at the world. I love to takes pictures in every new city I visit. That way I see the places in a bit different way :)

    www.moderngirl.dk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im a wanderluster too! Love this post.

    Ashleigh x

    www.quintessentiallyme.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! Totally agree with you, I have that wanderlust fever too. In fact, next week I'm flying to Paris for the first time ever, I'm so excited!

    Check my new post:
    http://www.lauramacij.com/2015/10/equestrian.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally agree with you. I love travelling, in fact I'm going to Colombia in 2 days, all by myself.

    lu | www.louloublog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great post! I agree, I love to travel and see new places and pull inspiration from those places. Seeing the same thing repeatedly gets boring and it's easy to fall into a rut when it comes to creativity. Also, I couldn't help but notice your fab nails! Love them!

    Have an amazing day, girlie!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Traveling feels like opening new page of en unread book. It is always exciting to see what you will discover behind next corner. I agree with you about Paris, hope to go there again soon. :)
    Ivona from www.thesmokedetector.net
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. So with you on this. Went to Tokyo a few years ago. It was INCREDIBLE! Definitely one of the most crazy, but amazing places I've ever been. Plus you'd love the fashion side. Japanese girls, especially when they're dressed up for festivals in traditional dress, are always so immaculately dressed x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne