The Superstar Setting Spray

17 November 2015 Soho, London, UK

I work pretty long hours during the week and I often find that around halfway through the day my make-up doesn't look as great as it did when I initially applied it. This is most likely due to the huge amount of rushing around I do, as well as the weather conditions and the complete mess I make when eating. Looking for a setting spray online was quite difficult as there are so many to chose from and a lot of YouTubers or beauty gurus recommend sprays that are just too far out of my price range. 
By the time I'd watched around 30 videos on everyday make-up routines and the best setting sprays in the business, I decided to do my own search and take a chance of the first on that appealed to me. I skipped drugstore websites, simply because certain products are too overpriced for my liking. Then I came across The Fixer Face Spray by cosmetics label, W7. As a natural born bargain hunter, the Amazon price immediately struck me. It's rare you can find products of this price as the high labels sell for the higher prices. However, the reviews were simply amazing, it was too good of an offer to miss. After ordering the spray, it arrived in four days and I began using it immediately. 
One thing I noticed straight away is that it wasn't sticky. Just about everyone has tried that hairspray-on-the-face to keep your make-up in place trick, this works but it can get a little sticky. This spray covers my entire face with one squirt and dries immediately. This is a huge bonus for me as I'm always on the go and don't have to time wait for my make-up to dry. As the spray dries instantly, it doesn't run at all which is an essential feature for foundation and mascara-based make-up looks. 
I now use this setting spray every day, which means it's rare I re-apply make-up throughout the day. I don't usually carry a make-up bag with me any more because there's nothing to touch up. This teeny tiny bottle has twice the power hairspray does and is most likely a lot better than some of the high end setting sprays out right now.

11 comments

  1. sounds like a great setting spray, will have to try it out :D

    ♥ Ellen
    Latest post: SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a great product to use

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, sounds promising! Love a good affordable option :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a good spray! I'll make sure to remember the name of it if I ever need a setting spray one day. I love your pictures!

    By the way, I nominated you to the Liebster Award. Check out my blog for the rules and the questions :)

    Hugs from Denmark x
    Mathilde | MATHILDE JULIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this product!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anika! I have been looking for a great setting spray for some time, thank you for the great review and for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend.

    www.laurenfarrellny.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I need a new setting spray, thanks for sharing (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great product! If you ever want to change it up, I'd recommend the NYX setting spray :)

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love using setting spray when I want to be sure that makeup will last all day. Definitely will check out this budget friendly option! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like a good cheaper option. I used to use the MAC one all the time but it can be quite pricey in the end so thanks for sharing this budget find! Xx

    Ally | www.glamoclock.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always overlook W7 (I guess as I can't just pop into Superdrug and buy their products) so I'd never heard of this. I ill definitely be checking it out now :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne