Today is a Leggings Day

11 November 2015 Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

I've recently been trying to wear all the clothes in my closet. Not all at once obviously, but there are some items I just never seem to put on any more and I think it's time for this to change. After having an enormous dig through my bits and bats and cleaning out as much as possible, I managed to fill a charity bag and two shoe boxes (which I'll be using for the Shoebox Appeal). Alongside the pile of things to go away, was the pile of this to try on and wear more often - which is how I cam across a few items in today's look. 

I find it really difficult to find leggings that are soft but not too thick. Sometimes the fabric is just too much despite how cold the weather is. I don't wear leggings that often, but after coming across this pair from Next, I've decided that today is definitely a leggings day. Leggings aren't always known as the most fashionable of styles but I love them! They're cosy and warm and great to make an outfit seem more casual. I do agree with the phrase "leggings are not pants", as I wouldn't rock out of the house in a cropped tee and super thin leggings, but I do like them with long tops, oversized shirts and huge knits. 
The comfort aspect is really important to me which is why I absolutely love leggings for this season. I only ever wear black leggings which I have paid with my favourite biker jacket, and Fiorelli bag for a pop of colour. There's nothing like feeling super stylish and effortless at the same time!
Top - Matalan // Jacket - Miss Selfridge // Leggings - Next // Bag - TK Maxx // Boots - Dorothy Perkins

22 comments

  1. Such inspirational pictures. I love all the dresses. :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: I like your dress. Great bag. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit Anika, very chic and minimalistic. Leggings are just the most comfortable, perfect thing!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love leggins! They are so comfortable to be in. But it's kinda hard to find a good ones :) Loving this look perfect for fall in my opinion. x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look.

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone loves a good old leggings day. :-) Cosy outfit! X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the outfit .. that bag though! it is soo nice! i never even think to go to TK Maxx to look for bags but i think i might have to!
    thanks for sharing xx

    www.keelieskloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This look is fab! Leggings are my go-to casual and comfy perfect outfit! I love how you've styled it with this gorgeous leather jacket and bag!!

    JosieVictoriaa // josievictoriaa.blogspot.co.uk // Lifestlye, Travel and Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  9. always a good idea! i've been doing a capsule wardrobe and its a great way to do this
    xx
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this edgy chic style!! great jacket, dear!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leggings defo are not pants, but like you, I love wearing them with something oversized or anything that covers my butt, haha. Loving the shirt/dress!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  12. in my case nearly everyday is legging day lol.. Love the too much

    Kisses,
    BLOG | Taislany

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice comfy look. Love your top xx

    http://machachu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great laid-back outfit! Love the leather jacket!
    Fashion Soup

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love digging out favourites from the wardrobe :) Great outfit - love the top!

    Hannah x
    Paloma in Disguise

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look awesome hun!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really nice outfit, your dress is so cute! X Minale
    http://minaleme.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very easy going casual look. I like the flirty shape of the dress :)

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne