A Northern Girl Down South

5 December 2015

I recently travelled down to London to attend my first blogger event. Of course, while I was there I took hundreds of photos, unfortunately that would make the world's longest blog post. So I've chosen so of my favourites and created a mini gallery below!

While I was there, Storm Abigail and Hurricane Kate also happened to be making a visit which made it incredibly difficult to take a still photos. At one point, while stood on the Hungerford Bridge and Golden Jubilee Bridges, the wind was so strong people were holding onto the railings to avoid being blown away!

Somehow, I managed to walk all the way from the Soho Hotel to the London Eye without a map or directions. I have now idea how I managed it as I haven't been to London since 2013 but I was pretty impressed at my sense of direction. Although the weather wasn't on my side, I absolutely loved my few hours of wondering around. My goal was to get as many photos as possible, and there are at least 300. I don't get to visit London often so even having a few exciting memories to bring back to the Yorkshire moors is great to look back on. While down in the big city, I didn't splash out of any classic souvenirs but managed to become the ultimate tourist, even taking a black cab to my original destination.

After walking back and forth and trying to figure out which way is up, I ended up getting an Uber from Whitehall Court (no idea how I ended up there) back to King's Cross and got a train back to Leeds, avoiding the crazy storms.

For a lot of travellers, London may not seem like the most exciting city, but for me it's a huge change from everyday life and I absolutely love it. A busy environment is exciting and exactly what keeps me wide awake and ready to go. As much as I love a lazy morning looking at the winter countryside, I like a lively scene, a vibe London never loses.

9 comments

  1. Oh My Gosh dear!!!!! I really want to visit London! Pleeeease :D
    Perfect photos. Thanks a lot <3

    NEW WISHLIST POST | Dear Santa…
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos. I really love London myself, just wish I could visit it more often

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you on London being a great place to visit. That's why I'm glad I don't live there to be honest, as a lot of it would start to lose it's charm, I think. It's great for popping to though, for a change of scenery.

    Meg | A Little Twist Of…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! London is such a great city. You always find something new to do or to see! The only thing that I hate about it is that it's just too crowded all the time :( I hope you had a great time at your blogging event!

    Julia x
    | http://www.juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr |

    ReplyDelete
  5. great shots, love this post!
    Dannika x
    http://dannikaswardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I'm a fellow Northern girl. I went to London for uni, stayed there for work for a few years then moved back to Leeds recently. Do miss the big city at times, but think Leeds offers a better balance. London defo has the advantage for creatives though and hope the bloggers event was worth the trip.

    Lovely pix by the way.

    – Lubna | The Digital Review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post and I love reading your blogs!! London is a beautiful place!!
    www.glamourbyzee.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these photos! They're definitely feeding my want to visit London. Really great post!

    Amber | y a c h t s m a a n

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos! Very impressed that you were taking them during the storm! I'm London born and bred but I always think it must be amazing to visit as a tourist, it's such a beautiful city.

    Anoushka Probyn - A London Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne