My Workout Essentials

29 February 2016 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

my gym essentials, nike gym bag, nike flex run 2015 running shoes, mens gym clothes, womens sportswear, anika may essentials, work out and workout clothes essentials

I definitely don’t consider myself a health expert, but one thing I’ve recently fallen in love with is regular exercise. This is something I never thought I would say as I still occasionally consider myself to be one of the laziest people alive; but I do love a good run. Hitting the gym for an hour or so on a Friday night is a good evening to me. Getting up at 6am doesn’t seem so bad when you’re jogging against the sun rising over the moors. I’ve found a lot of positive aspects in exercise, and even more essentials. 

my gym essentials, nike gym bag, nike flex run 2015 running shoes, mens gym clothes, womens sportswear, anika may essentials, work out and workout clothes essentials
A good bag
Not something that everyone points out, but I’ve noticed that some of the gyms or pools I visit don’t have incredibly luxurious locker rooms and for that reason, I always like to have a well-made bag with me. I through everything in there, so it needs to be spacious, but with zip pockets for me to keep smaller items. This Nike bag I bought from JD Sports is perfect for the gym or the pool. I can fit everything in there, including my shoes. It also has pockets inside for me to store padlocks and keys or my phone. I also like a bag that I can carry across my body rather than throw over my shoulder. That’s one feature that drew me to the basic duffel bag, it has a longer adjustable strap so I can be hands free. 

my gym essentials, nike gym bag, nike flex run 2015 running shoes, mens gym clothes, womens sportswear, anika may essentials, work out and workout clothes essentials
The rights shoes
I have quite flat feet or ‘fallen arches’ so some shoes can be really uncomfortable. My feet aren’t completely flat so I can wear branded trainers, but I chose ones that are really well cushioned and build for the sport I'm about to play. Sometimes I see girls or guys working out in basic canvas shoes and even ballerina pumps! Not only can that be really dangerous, but there’s no way it’s comfortable. If I'm wearing the wrong shoes, I am able to tell after a while because my feet just don’t feel right. Whenever I shop for new sneakers, I research the right type before I go and occasionally ask a shop assistant – but in most cases, the shop layout the shoes depending on type. My favourite work out (running) shoes are the Nike Flex Run 2015 running shoes – it’s like walking on air!
my gym essentials, nike gym bag, nike flex run 2015 running shoes, mens gym clothes, womens sportswear, anika may essentials, work out and workout clothes essentials
Comfy clothes
One thing I will never (ever) be able to understand are people that turn up to the gym in their favourite night out gear and jump on a treadmill. There have been countless occasions where I’ve witnessed people working out in parkas or trying to exercise in clothes that don’t fit well and aren’t made for that much movement. As a Pinterest addict, I love looking at the latest sportswear – I wear most of it around the house! Sports Direct is a favourite for branded sportswear at an affordable price as it is still good quality. I also love to shop through Rosie’s line at M&S, everything is so soft. It’s incredibly important to wear clothes that actually fit, because running while your shorts are falling down isn’t attractive. Sportswear should also be light (in most scenarios) and suitable for whatever exercise you choose.
my gym essentials, nike gym bag, nike flex run 2015 running shoes, mens gym clothes, womens sportswear, anika may essentials, work out and workout clothes essentials
Headphones, water and everything else
As mentioned earlier, I throw a little bit of everything in my gym bag. Headphones are a must, whether I’m going for a run or just lifting weights. Although my gym plays great music, sometimes I just want to listen to my own playlist, designed to motivate me. My Bluetooth headphones are ideal for just that. I heat up pretty quick so having water by my side is essential. However, if I’m going for a run, I prefer to hydrate before and after, as carrying a water bottle is too much weight. I always keep deodorant, body cream and sometimes make-up in my gym bag for those ‘just in case’ moments. After an exhausting work out, I generally don’t care what I look like, but sometimes I have to make an effort, so carrying body spray and extra face powder tends to do the trick.

My gym essentials can sometimes vary depending on the occasion, and there’s all sorts of nonsense in my gym bag, from cereal bars to spare iPods, the list is endless. What are some of your essentials?
Anika May

9 comments

  1. Your bag looks so organized! Mine's in such disorder. This the perfect inspiration that I needed!

    Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comfy clothes are definitely a must - I love a good pair of workout leggings! :) x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is something I need is a good gym bag like that, I just use one of the nike bag you get when you buy something :P

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    What's On Your Nightstand?
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't do much exercise, which is not something to be proud of. i used to run and remember how i liked the feeling after i completed a good run.. thanks for this post reminding me to get back into my sporty days (as sporty as my day could get). haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just joined the gym myself and I have the same trainers :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started going to the gym a couple of months ago & I can totaly agree on the must of the good bag! x


    Kotryna Bass Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. You work out in great style girl. Love the shoes and clothes :)

    http://perkymegs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love the voss :)

    Pingkan x | lifeofpingkan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne